CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | LONG NIGHT | PART ONE

LONG NIGHT PART ONE

THE SUIT'S MATERIAL CLUNG TO HIS SKIN NICELY, OUTLINING THE CURVES AND VALLEYS OF HIS MUSCULES

THE SUIT'S MATERIAL CLUNG TO HIS SKIN NICELY, OUTLINING THE CURVES AND VALLEYS OF HIS MUSCULES. Avery felt powerful in the suit like he was ready to take on the world. The eyes of his suit glowed green, complimenting his necklace.

"I can't believe that you got a suit after one night of superhero-ing," Peter said walking up behind him, clapped him on the back and then pulled his mask down his chin.

Avery rolled his eyes behind his mask, adjusting his gloves on his fingertips. Peter crouched down over the ledge, watching the street," Are you ready for this?"

"I'm already here, aren't I? Might as well go through with it," Avery responded, playing with his necklace. He hoped the amulet would give him enough power to get through the night, he had a feeling he was going to really need it.

Peter looked over to him, watching Avery fidget," You know I'm here, right? I've got your back, Avery,"

"Tonight," Avery started, putting his foot on the ledge, mimicking a superhero stance," I am White Tiger,"

"Very hot Avery," Peter joked sarcastically, shaking his head at Avery's antics, before getting serious," So what's the plan of action, White Tiger?"

"Ambush Gideon on the way to the gala. Beat the shit out of him and then deliver him to the police,"  White Tiger voiced quickly, " The Gala is at Sterling, we just have to figure out a way to get there,"

"I have an idea," Spiderman pipped up beside the White Tiger. White Tiger turned back to him, a questionable look underneath his mask," How do you feel about heights?" 

"Fine, but why does that-" He was cut off when he was yanked into Spiderman's arms. Spiderman jumped off the building, with   White Tiger in his arms. At the last minute, he extended his arm and flicked his wrist, web fluid shooting out and sticking to the building's wall.

"Oh, Dios. If you drop me, Peter Parker, I will kill you," Avery looked down at his feet, watching them dangle so many feet above the ground. He felt a little light-headed if he was being honest.

"Better hold on tight then," Peter smiled underneath his mask, as he swung himself and Avery across the city. He was slowly slipping into his Spiderman persona.

Avery took his advice quickly, looping his arms around Spiderman's neck with a huff," Is this why all the girls have crushes on you. Cause you swing them across the freaking city like Tarzan?"

Spiderman shook his head," Only you,"

"Aren't I special?" White Tiger responded sarcastically. Spiderman shook his head, a small chuckle falling from his lips. He opened his mouth to respond when the web he was holding on was cut.