CHAPTER NINETEEN | LONG NIGHT | PART TWO

LONG NIGHT PART TWO

FOUR TEENAGED SUPERHEROES DROVE DOWN THE STREET IN A HORRIBLY DESTROYED CAR, CONVERSATION LOUD AS AN INEXPERIENCED DRIVER SPED INTO THE NIGHT

AS AN INEXPERIENCED DRIVER SPED INTO THE NIGHT. The car jostled when Peter drove over the curb, offering a small 'sorry' and a sheepish smile. His boyfriend just told him to keep driving.

"So let me get this straight: you found this magic amulet that belonged to your dad and you got superpowers from it and now you're using those powers to get the man who killed your dad?" Sam paused, tapping his chin in thought," Oh and you're dating Spiderman,"

"Oh and my best friends have super powers too," Avery whistled," Damn, somebody should write a book about my life, it's crazy,"

"Nobody wants to read a book about how you make-out with Spiderman," Peter ran over another curb, which caused the car to bounce, it sent Sam into the roof, his head making a thud sound. Sam turned to glare at Peter, whose face held a smug smile.

"We're here!" Peter announced, pulling to a jerky stop, a block away from the entrance and pulling his mask down onto his face," Get out,"

Once everyone was up and out of the car, everyone migrating to the roof of the neighboring building, trying to think of a plan.

"Maybe we should just go in, guns blazing, blowing -- in your case Parker, webbing -- shit up and demand for Gideon to turn himself in,"

"Or we could do something more intelligent like sneaking in,"

"How are we going to sneak in, we're teenagers in spend-"

"I don't see you coming up with any better ideas, Sam,"

"Can you guys stop fighting? We're not going to get the guy if you keep arguing like little kids,"

"It's not my fault, its Spider-dumbass here,"

"Says the one who wearing a bucket for a costume," Silence, fell upon them.

Avery pipped up, in the quiet night," The tea is exceptional tonight,"

"I can't believe you're condoning this bullshit," Dani yelled at Avery, a very angry vein in her neck popping out. She sighed and ran a hand through her white hair, "I'm working with idiots," 

She sighed again, closing her eyes once and then opening her eyes," How about I phase you guys in?"

The guys all looked from each other to her and then each other before nodding. She rolled her eyes for what seemed like the tenth time this night and grabbed onto Sam's arm, flying him towards the building. One by one she came and grabbed one of the males until they were all successfully hidden in the air ducts of the building.