Never Drink With Yassop

~Shanks' POV~

I headed back into town after finishing the last touches on the surprise for Echo. As much as she loved her parents' home, it made her uncomfortable to sleep in, she refused to sleep in their room and her room was too small. We used her parent's home to conduct most of our meetings and Echo kept a lot of her research there but I'd wanted to build us a home on the island, a new home that she didn't have any dark memories to cloud it.

"Boss! You better come quick!" Travis, the self-proclaimed leader of Echo's fan club met me on the path.

"What is it?" I asked worried as I raced after him as he led the way into town.

"It's Echo!"

My heart dropped. What had happened? We stopped outside of a pub where the majority of the crew was gathered. Everyone was staring up at the roof in a panic. I felt my blood run cold as I spotted Echo and Yassop standing near the ledge of the roof. Their faces were flushed scarlet, their eyes glazed over, they were clearly wasted beyond all reason.

"Oy! Get down from there! You idiots!" Lucky Roo yelled down below with a thick slab of meat on the bone in hand. He looked my way and smiled sheepishly, "Hey Boss."

"What's going on?" I sighed as I joined him and my first mate Benn Beckmann at the front of the crowd nearest the building.

"Yassop got Echo drunk." Benn supplied.

"I see that, but why are they on the roof?"

"Your guess is as good as ours." Benn shrugged.

Echo giggled and held her hand out to Yassop, "Ready?!"

Yassop took her hand and my eyes grew wide, were they going to jump? "Ready!"

"What are they doing?" Lucky Roo paled as they prepared to jump, letting the slab of meat slip through his fingers and fall to the ground. "STOP!" He yelled at the pair.

"Three. Two. One."

"NO!" The crowd screamed as they leapt off the roof. They plummeted toward the ground and vanished from sight.

There was a big splash from the field behind the pub and everyone raced to see what had happened. Yassop and Echo had teleported, mid-jump to land in the pond in one of the pastures.

"Idiots." Lucky Roo shook his head.

"Drunken teleportation." Benn mused, "That's a new one."

Yassop and Echo surfaced laughing hysterically.

"They do realize there are bulls in there, don't they?" Travis pondered.

Benn and I exchanged worried looks as the drunken pair stumbled out of the pond laughing and leaning against one another in an attempt to stay upright. How much alcohol did they drink? It had to have taken a lot to get Yassop this drunk. Did Echo try to keep up with him? She was going to have the worst hangover in the history of hangovers.

"Let's do that again!" Echo cheered.

Yassop rubbed his back with a grimace, "I think I threw my back out."

"Come on, grandpa....hey look, cows!" Echo pointed before giggling uncontrollably. "Is there a game called cow fight too??? Like cow jousting?"

"Those aren't cows dumbass, they're bulls." Yassop howled with laughter, "What the hell is cow jousting?"

"Should we rescue them or see how this plays out?" Benn asked me with a chuckle.