Steps To Recovery

Chapter 12: Steps To Recovery 

Date: August 13th, 2010 

POV: Bella 

Author's POV: 

Good chapter...

                                                             My Bella (Edward)

"We had fun today." I smile and look at Edward and giggle. "When do we go??" I ask, excited.  

          He looks at me surprised. "Soon, at 8."  

"Okay.. Hi Jacob!" I wave to him and run to the kitchen and I take a soda out the fridge and open it. Alice runs after me. "Too much?" I ask, replacing my smile with a straight face. 

"No, that was perfect. Just look at them!" She says and we look. They're both looking shocked. 

          I smiled and drink my soda. "Oh gosh that's cold.." I say, Alice laughing afterward.  

"Well duh, it's like 89 degrees outside!" She smiles.

Time: 7:45 PM

          After Alice and Jacob left with Jonah, I got ready for our date. Edward was taking me to my favorite restaurant, which I'm excited for. He's shocked about how I'm acting though. Which I love to see his reaction to things like this.  

"Are you ready to go, Bella?" Edward knocked on the door.  

"Yeah." I got up and opened the door. I give him a small smile. "Do I look nice?"  

"You look beautiful." He whispers in my ear.  

"Thanks.. I tried.." I put my arms around his neck and he pulls me close to him and we stay like this for a few minutes and we leave to the restaurant.  

          After we ordered our food, I play with my fingers and we sit in silence before Edward spoke. 

"So, how was your day with Alice?"  

"Umm.." I look at him. "I liked it.. It was a lot of fun.. Uhh.. Alice was talking about Jonah and her and Jacob's relationship." 

"Oh, and what's their status?"  

"They're together, but she wants them to get a little closer. She says it's hard doing that when Jonah's around."  

"Yeah, Jacob's been talking about him and Alice too. He wants us to watch Jonah soon though, only if you're fine with it." 

          Watching Jonah was kinda difficult now. I used to love his presence and play with him, but ever since I lost the baby, being around him was a reminder that I could have had a baby now. Every time he said my name, I'd cry inside because I want a baby to say 'momma' every time they needed me.  

          I sighed and bit my lip. "I mean, we could..."  

"Only if you want to, I'm not trying to force you into it." He says, taking my hand.  

"I know." I say, looking at him. "I'm sorry about my behavior the last few weeks.. I was just sad.. I didn't wanna tell anyone how I felt, so I kept myself quiet."