Miscarriage?

Chapter 11: Miscarriage? 

Date: June 8th, 2010 

POV: Edward 

Author's POV: 

I'm really happy with this episode.

                                                             My Bella

          I ran into the bathroom and opened the door. "Bella! What happened?!"  

"I-I-I don't know!" She says, crying now.  

          I get her out the bathtub and get her a dress and take her to the hospital. She's crying and holding her belly. I really hope it wasn't a miscarriage... Out of all things, a miscarriage would ruin it for us both. The doctors took her in and told me to answer some questions. I didn't wanna leave Bella's side.  

"Has she been drinking or doing drugs?" He begins. 

"No." I tell him, worried. Hoping that someone would tell me Elizabeth and Bella are okay.. 

"Has she had any sex since her pregnancy?" He asks now, marking it down in a clipboard. 

"She can't even walk up the stairs, why would we have sex?!" I ask, angry. 

"Mr. Cullen, calm down. We need to know so we can figure out how to help her and the baby." He tells me.  

          I put my hands on my head and took a deep breath. "No, we didn't." I say. 

"Okay, did she do anything that could hurt the baby before today?"  

"No." 

"Did she get scared?"  

"No." 

"Did anything happened that would make her really stressed out?"  

"Our family stopped talking to us, but she has other people she can talk to.. so.. no.."  

"Any arguments lately?"  

"No." 

"Alright.." He looks at me. "Did you have a hard time conceiving?"  

"Yes." I say, sad. 

"Hmm.. interesting.. Maybe it's preeclampsia.." He sighs and looks at a nurse. "Well?" 

          The woman sits next to me. "We think she lost the baby and we need to get it out as soon as possible." 

          I get up and go to Bella's room. She sobbing into the pillow. Gosh, she heartbroken..  

          Loosing a baby is probably the worst thing that can happen to anyone.. Ever. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. Never.  

          I walked to her and she looks at me and sits up and I hug her. She hugs me back and starts crying again. "Bella.. I'm sorry."  

          She continues crying and sniffles in my shoulder. "It's not your fault.. It's mine."  

"No, it's not."  

"Yes it is.. Stupid me.. I was thinking too much and-"  

          I pull away and look at her. "It's not your fault." I say, kissing her forehead and letting her cry in my shoulder again.

          They removed the baby and we named her Sierra.. Bella says she looked like a Sierra.. She was so still and pale.. She looked so peaceful. We called our families to break the news to them and we left the hospital.