Shipping

I knew Lindsey's head was probably exploding at that exact moment, but I couldn't do anything but sink into Connor's ardent embrace. This wasn't like the chaste smooches we'd stolen in passing this was a fervent and exhilarating kiss that made my head light.

I pulled away to look him in the face. "Are you sure about this?" I whispered.

"Never been more sure about anything in my life." He replied with a confident nod.

"Stephanie, Miles has been covering for Mimi and I to throw people off, OK? This whole thing has gotten too far out of hand, and I'm tired of hiding." Connor put a protective arm around my shoulders.

Stephanie accepted his explanation at face value, falling over Miles in an overt show of affection to steal the camera's attention.

Connor led me away from the group, pushing people out of our path to get us out of the VIP area and off the stage. When we were at a safe distance he paused to put both his hands on either side of my face. His enchanting eyes searched mine.

"I'm sorry." He sighed shaking his head in disappointment. "I'm sorry about all of this, and I'm sorry you got dragged into our band drama."

"I'm not angry," I told him. "I'm mostly excited that you did what you did."

"They're not going to leave us alone now." He said with discontent. "You and Maddy are now fully entrenched in this."

"That's fine if it means we get to be with you," I replied supportively.

Connor's expression lit up from within and he kissed me again. His tongue slipped over my lips and he ran it over my teeth in a motion that tickled my spine with delight.

"Oi! Lovebirds!" Lindsey shouted as she barreled at us. "That was fucking brilliant!"

Connor made a gruff sound that rumbled in his chest in the most appealing way.

"That wasn't for you." He growled. "That was to stop this shit storm."

"To save the damsel in distress!" Lindsey shouted jubilantly. "That couldn't have gone better if I'd planned it, and I'm absolutely going to be taking credit for this professionally. You just saved Stephanie and Miles for another week, and I've finally got something to give the pubs! Ugh, I could just kiss you both."

"Please don't," we both said at the same time.

"Oh look at you two, reading each other's minds!" Lindsey gushed. "I am absolutely shipping you two."

"Me too." Connor agreed solemnly. "But our dating isn't going to be something you get to direct. I've helped you out so you'd leave us alone. If you can't keep us out of the rags, then I'll walk from the band."

"You can't do that!" Lindsey cried irritably. "You're contractually obligated!"

"According to my contract, I've finished up the three albums I was signed for. I'm free to walk any time I want." Connor shrugged easily. "I'll stay on if you leave us out of your lies. Besides, you and I both know that it's going to be much harder to keep Miles in line after the world finds out he's about to be a daddy."

I gasped at the news and looked to Lindsey expectantly.

"We'll see." She huffed. "Briana's agreed to a pay-off and Stephanie still doesn't have a clue. But if that's what it takes, I'll do my best."

"Not your best, I want your word." Connor corrected stubbornly.

"Fine." Lindsey conceded. "You have my word."

James caught up to us in the hallway drenched in sweat and puffing out his cheeks.

"Oh, there you are," Lindsey remarked unemotionally. "I'm going to have you two taken back to your room to pack."

"Uh, Lindsey?" Connor cut in while linking his fingers with mine. "Security is bringing Cassie back to my room, and I'm going with Mimi."

"That's probably best," Lindsey said. "I have to get back to the boys. "I'll ring you later."

Lindsey ran off at a shocking speed for someone in stilettos and Connor walked James and me out of the building. We met a black car at the back of the Tacoma Dome and left all the drama behind.

James had taken it upon himself to sit in the front seat with the driver to give Connor and I some privacy. We made good use of the time and nuzzled together, whispering sweet nothings and sneaking long kisses that I didn't want to end. At one point, I heard the partition go up, but neither of us looked up to check.