Prologue {Edited Version}

I've spent three months in jail, forty days of that two months in solitary confinement, and the rest hoping that I would get out. But when I saw all of the supposed "evidence" they thought they had left me so full of hatred and anger that I gave up on freedom.

I had screamed millions of time that I hadn't done it. But they knew about my rebellious nature towards the Council and they thought they knew everything. Idiots...

Anyhow, basically I've been framed and so far no one believes me, but I know I didn't do it. No matter how much someone tries to coax me into confession I'm to stubborn to let them do it.

My reasoning is remarkably simple: How can someone have a confession to something they didn't do? You can't...That's my point! But they don't seem convinced. They're so stubborn that once they have an idea it just has to be right....hmm..just like me.

Damp, foul-smelling, moldy, sticky. All of these words described this hellhole of a place I was a prisoner in. This place was horrible.

The air was damp and hard to breath in and there was a slight fog to it. The floor and walls were slightly covered in moss and you could practically taste the smell of the God-awful thing.

My feet and arms were chained to the ground, so tight that even when I moved just a small bit, I could feel the sharp edges pricking my skin. It's like the blasted guards wanted to screw with me and I hate to admit that it was working, sadly.

The nasty hell they called a prison...let's just say I've seen better. Smelled better, saw better, heard better, breathed better. But for now, all hopes that my freedom would last are dead gone................

This is my final day in solitary confinement, I was placed in here because I got into a fight with another vampire and I attacked a guard when he started trash-talking. But they should have expected it. I mean, I am a vampire who is locked in here for something I didn't do.

For the past hour or so I've been screaming my innocence to noone but myself, silence, and the evil voices in my head. I don't know what they thought would happen to me.

Maybe I would lose it? Cave into my own thoughts? Talk endlessly to myself? Maybe they thought that I would slowly lose my mind until I was destroyed with hopelessness?

Maybe I would speak to myself? The voices? The little insects that crawled on the floor near me? Maybe the nasty fog would slowly choke me? Or the smell would intoxicate me? Whatever they thought never happened, I still stood strong even as I wanted to cave in.

So desperatly I wanted to get out but I stood ground and I was as stubborn as ever, never giving in to my solitary confinment, or the punishment I recieved. Neither less, I had to sit by and watch as they "thought" they knew it all.

But I knew that the killer -who I admired secretly- was still out there and that he sat back and enjoyed it as I took his punishment.

I vowed to myself that from this day forth, whenever I got out, if I did, I would hunt down the traitor that not only killed the Council but sentenced me to a life in Damnation.