Chapter 6 "M&M's"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Exy's alarm filled the room. It was now Monday morning and the weekend had gone by in a blur. After leaving Tim's house Exy's sister arrived about an hour later. They said their goodbyes and plans were established for the next weekend. Exy spent her Sunday doing homework and cleaning while blasting music. She enjoyed the alone time, but she was starting to miss her parents and brother, she had at least a month left till they came back. Now she was pulling herself out of bed and into the shower. Around an hour later she was plugging in her earphones and swinging her backpack over her shoulder as she heading out the door. She was already half way to school when Tim spotted her a few feet in front of him, as he drove to school.

Honk! But nothing, she didn't even flinch. Honk! Honk! Hoooooonk!

Finally Exy, a bit frightened, turn around. Seeing that it was Tim she relaxed and smiled at him in his truck.

"Hey!" He called out.

"Umm, hi?" She said removing her earphones and adding "Can I help you?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted a ride?" He asked her.

"No thanks." Exy said turning around.

"Seriously?" Tim said leaning toward his window.

"Yeah, seriously. Wait, is 33 not us to rejection?" Exy said smiling teasingly.

Tim sat there looking at her for a few seconds before saying

"Whatever, suit yourself soccer girl. See you at school!" He eased off the break hitting the gas ever so slightly. Instead of answering, Exy put her earphones back in and gave Tim the peace sign.

He shook his head smiling and sped off.

School periods went by fast, lunch flew by and during 5th period Exy didn't really pay attention to anything having to do with Tim. She had been partnered up with Ashley and Angela with Tim. They worked on their class project separately, neither Tim nor Exy joining in on Ashley's and Angelas conversations. Class was nearly over and Tim had already packed all his belongings. Angela was in the middle of a sentence, something about how amazing his party had been when the bell rang and he stood up not bothering to let her finish. He was out the door before Exy could put her notebook in her backpack.

"Bye girls, see you tomorrow." Exy said a couple seconds later as she headed out the door herself.

She turned out of the hall way and ran right into Tim who was having a conversation with what had to be a football player.

"Sorry." Exy said and tried to maneuver her way around him, but as soon as she did he had already said his goodbyes to the boys and was walking in step with her. She turned to look at him with a weird expression.

"I'm sorry, I'm just going to my class, don't think I'm following you or anything." He said bumping her shoulder playfully.

"Sure." Exy said. Tim pulled out a unopened bag of M&M's from his pocket and offered Exy some.

"Coconut?" She asked him, eyeing the blue bag.

"Yeah, they're my favorite. Sorry, it's the only kind I have." Tim said.

"Actually they're my favorite too." she smiled up at him.

"Well look at that soccer girl we have something in common." He said handing her the bag. She opened it and poured a few into her hand then handed it back.

"Keep it, a little thank you for Saturday." He said smiling at her, his famous Tim Riggins grin.

"Okay." She said folding the bag and putting it into her pocket. By this time they had already reached their destination.

"Well I'm that way." Exy said gesturing to the Music Hall.

"And I am this way." Tim said gesturing to the GYM.

"Thanks." Exy said patting the pocket where she had just put the M&M's in.

"No problem." Tim answered they exchanged one more smile before Tim watched her walk into the Music Hall.

That day after school, Exy ran more than her average length and was so tired she didn't even head into the girls locker room when she was done. All she wanted was to get home, shower and plop herself on the couch. She was walking across the school parking lot when someone to her left said.

"I guess I shouldn't ask you if you would like a ride, since you prefer to walk." It was Tim putting his football bag in the back on his truck.

Exy stood there leaning on her side thinking things through. Tim took her silence as a no and got into his truck to start it, when he looked up Exy stood by the passenger door.

"Maybe today I prefer a drive home. Well if you're still okay with that?" Exy said.

"Get in Soccer girl." Tim said smirking. Exy got in slowly; she was already starting to feel sore.

They were  out of school property when Tim asked "Do you mind if I stop at Sonic and get me something before heading home? Just the drive thru, I promise."

"I don't mind." She said fixing her pony tail.

"They were waiting for his food to be ready when he turned to her and said "So do you usually run 6 miles? That was impressive time."

"Thanks, I actually do not usually run six miles. I was testing myself." She said smiling at him.

"Is that why you look so tired?" Tim asked taking his order from the lady at the window.

"Wait, how do you know it was 6 miles though?" Exy asked.

Tim hesitated before saying " Was it 6 miles, I took a guess. I saw you running and wanted to see if I could out run you."

Exy smiled. "Yeah, exactly 6 miles."

The lady hands him a medium size vanilla cone and he hands it over to Exy.

"Do you want me to hold it for you?" She asks.

"Actually it's for you. You said you didn't want anything but by the looks of it I figured you could use some energy." Tim said driving out of Sonic.

"Oh, well thank you? I don't know if I should be offended." Exy said with a laughed eyeing the cone.

As they are reaching their homes Tim says "So I actually really don't mind driving you to school in the mornings or home after school. You know when I can. I'm not going out of my way what so ever . Look maybe we can make a deal, I drive you to school and you can make me some of your special soup on weekends, when I need it most?"

They were now stopped in front of her house. Exy sat looking at her hands.

"What do you say Soccer Girl, do we have a deal?"

"Will you make me late?" She asked opening the car door and getting off.

"Do you really prefer walking? What's so fun about it anyways?" Tim said teasingly.

"It helps me relax, it gives me time to think." Exy said looking down.

"So if I promise to be quite so you can have time to think, will you take me up on my offer?" Tim asked again.

Exy closed the door and moved around the car up onto the sidewalk.

"7:30am don't be late 33." She said smiling at him and turning to walk to her front door.

Tim smirked and drove toward his house thinking "I wouldn't dare."