Chapter 10 (Soccer Cleats)

“No way!” Exy said as Tim parked the car outside of the indoor soccer complex.

“I wanna know why you think this is better than football.”

“But I don’t have my cleats.”

“ They sell some in there, I asked when I called.”

“And when was that 33?”

“When you went off to the ladies room, soccer girl.”

“Ahh, well Mr. Riggins tonight you will be getting your ass beat at soccer by a girl.”

After learning a couple moves and 2 hours later both Exy and Tim decided they were beat. Tim actually liked the game and admitted that there was more to soccer than people running around. They were just heading out the exit when...

“Exy, what the hell?! I’ve been calling you all day.” Helena’s voice said from the door.

Exy was about to answer, but Helena spoke again.

“Where were you at school today?”

“Hey to you too Helena.” Exy said.

“Where have you been?”

“With Tim, I got locked out of my house yesterday I called you but you didn’t answer me.”

“So you decided to skip class?”

“Well I didn’t have anything to wear.”

“Than what are you wearing right now?”

“This is clothes from yestery, I couldn’t wear it again.”

“And since when do you care what people think?”

“Since never, look chill out it was one day it’s not like I missed anything important.”

“Yeah, whatever. Look we are gonna play this indoor team in 30 minutes we could use your help what do you say?”

Exy looks at Tim who shrugs.

“I’m actually kinda tired we’ve been here for a while. Maybe next time yeah?”

“Oh, yeah okay. Hi Tim by the way.”

“Hey Helena.”

“Soccer cleats? Wow never thought I’d see the day.”

Tim smiles “She’s been teaching me, I respect soccer so much more now. It’s way harder than it seems.”

Helena smiles and relaxes “That’s what I try to tell everyone. Well hope you guys had fun.”

“Yeah. Thanks.”

“See you tomorrow Helena?” Exy says.

“Of course.”

>>> 

>>>>>> 

“So will I be graced with your presence tonight again?”

“Just as long you’ll have me, I’m yours.”

“In that case forever sound good to you?” Tim said starting the car and backing out of the indoor soccer complex.

“I think I can handle it.” Exy said intertwining his fingers with his.