Chapter 12

"What time is it?" Exy said rubbing her eyes.

"8am."Noehmi answered from the side of Paulina's hospital bed.

"How long have I been out?" Exy said standing up.

"You fell asleep just a little while ago. So like 6 something."

"How is she doing?" She placed the blanket back on the twins who were asleep next to her.

"Doctor said we were lucky, we brought her in right on time."

"Thank God. Did you call mom back?" Exy started looking for her phone, where was it?

"Yes, I told them they didn't have to come, Paulina was doing well. Mom's coming anyways, she told dad to stay with Jonathan."

"Ok."

Paulina had an abnormally enlarge spleen that had begun rupturing inside her. They had made it to the hospital right on time. She had been rushed into an emergency surgery not even 10 minutes after arriving. When Exy arrived she was already inside. The surgery took around 2 hours, but they weren't allowed to see Paulina till much later, she had been put into the NICU only Alex and Noehmi were allowed back. Finally at around 2 in the morning Paulina was given a room to herself and Exy was allowed to go in with the twins who were both already asleep. Paulina would be staying in the hospital for a little while since she was still an infant. Doctors told them at least a month.

"Where's Alex, sister?"

"He went to go buy us and the twins some breakfast before they wake up. Are you looking for your phone?"

Exy turned to find her sister holding up her phone.

"Yeah."

"Sorry mine died and I wanted to call mom."

"That's ok."

"Also, you kept getting notifications."

"Let me see."

4 missed calls, 8texts, 1 voicemail.

"Oh God the game."

"Huh?" Noehmi said

"Nothing, Um I think Ima go home and shower. Want me to take the boys?"

"Yeah, just wait for Alex so you can take their food."

"Cool, what time is mom getting here, do I need to go pick her up?"

"I told her I would send Alex, the airport is 5 minutes away from here."

>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

She had gotten home about an hour ago and after eating the breakfast Alex got her and the twins they all fell asleep in front of the TV in the living room. When she woke up, she looked over at the clock on the wall and saw it was 12:30pm. Liam was awake watching the movie on the Disney channel that had just started. Cameron was still asleep on the couch next to her.

"Hey babe, you doing ok?"

"Yes auntie Exy."

"Kay, let me know if you want anything."

"Kay."

She walked over to the table and picked up her phone.

"Tim." She gasped.

She opened the text messages first.

1-Are you still up on the stands? (10:01pm)

2- I'll be in the locker room, wait for me. (10:24)