The Truth Prevails (Book 3 of the Werewolf Love series)

Lilly's p.o.v

 Looking at pictures of my family, I couldn't help but think about how amazing they all are. My two girls and my son are my life, as is my husband. Me and my husband, John, met before we went into high school, when my pack and Blayz's pack merged into one. I couldn't be happier to have him as my mate and I know he was always going to Blayz for advice so I giggled for their satisfaction. My brother is the best brother in the world. I feel bad that I wasn't around when I was pregnant with my oldest, Taylin but I had really important things I needed to do.

I still can't believe all that had happened to my niece, Haley, while I was away. Being put under a spell, getting pregnant then finding her real mate? I wish I was there to help her out. That had to be hard. I just couldn't imagine what that's like since me and John met when we were in middle school. After high school, I went to college and got my masters degree in Biology, as did John. We both love our jobs even though they take up a lot of our time during the weeks because we are both teachers. I'm a teacher at the local high school that my daughters and my great niece and nephew go to.

John is a professor at the community school. He got offered to teach at Fresno State but he turned it down so we could stay close to our families. We had been traveling for a year throughout the world once we got our degrees and it was just too long of a time to be away from our families. There was so much that went on that we decided it was best to just stay with our families and stay out of trouble. Me and John were the little trouble makers back in high school believe it or not. We had such good times messing with the science equipment and playing pranks on the teachers.

Now that we have two teenage daughters and an adolescent son, we decided it's time to calm down and be the best parents we can be. Taylin is in her Senior year of high school, Carmen is in her Sophomore year while JJ, John Junior, is in seventh grade. By the time he gets to his senior year I'll be fifty-five and hopefully I will still be teaching. I love teaching so much, almost as much as my family.

One thing that only John and I know is that I'm different than any other werewolf in the world. I can do things that no other werewolf in our history can do. Well, I guess I should explain when everything all started. After I changed to my wolf, I discovered I could do other things. I mean, I knew I was the smartest in the pack, I always had been, but I didn't know that I had special things that no other could do. I could manipulate objects into doing whatever I wanted them to do and I could do so much more. I don't even know how I became to be a werewolf and a witch at the same time but I'm afraid to tell anyone. I know, I know, that's a huge secret to keep but I just don't know how to tell anyone.

How could I keep this secret for that long? It's easy, I use a spell to manipulate my scent so that my witch scent isn't profound. It's not hard to do but it does tend to take a bit of my energy, not much but I get tired at the end of the day because of it. It's getting hard to keep it from my family but I'm just scared to tell them. They all know that I'm extremely smart and I guess telling them will show them why I'm smart but what they don't know is that I'm the most powerful person in the world. How would they take that? I mean, I'm sure my dad would be like 'Heck yeah!' but my mom...that's what I'm afraid of the most.