Chapter 5

Lilly's p.o.v

"Taylin...what happened?" I asked slowly and her fast voice filled my ear.

"Mom, I don't know! We were just sitting on this rock in the woods a few miles away from the house and James grabbed my hand but when he did, we felt sparks and everything and of course we were like 'what?' and looked at our hands then each other then suddenly we saw a fire and now we don't know what to do," she said and I could tell she was on the verge of crying. "Mom, I don't know what to do. Please help."

"Okay, you two back away from the fire and stay away from it. Don't try to do anything. You got that, Taylin" I asked.

"Yeah, I got it. Please just hurry, Mom. I don't want the police or anyone to arrest us," she said.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit. Just hold on," I rushed and hung up. "I know you heard that John so let's go." Me and my husband ran to the car while Carmen and JJ stayed home. We drove as fast as we could and looked around for the fire. After about two minutes of searching, I saw it and jumped out of the car while John found a spot to park it at. Running as fast as I could, I headed to save my little girl. As I reached the fire, I tried looking around it to see where my daughter was but I couldn't and there was no way around the fire so I had to use a lot of my energy to swirl a ball of water in my hand and throw it through the middle so I can get past the scorching flames.

"Mom!" I heard Taylin yell as I got through the line of fire, literally.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked, hugging her.

"I just have a small burn on my hand but that's it," she said and I saw James standing behind her a few feet looking scared.

"James, are you okay?" I asked and he slightly nodded. "I need to talk to you and Taylin once I get rid of these flames. So just hang in tight but both of you stay back." They both nodded and James put an arm around Taylin's shoulder, protecting her like a mate would. I closed my eyes feeling the water that was near by and slowly, I held my hand to the side of me and moved it to the right, distinguishing the flames. Once all of the flames were gone, I turned back to my daughter and James and his eyes were as wide as saucers.

"Come on, kids. We need to talk," I said and they followed me out of the woods. Taylin ran to John once she noticed him and he hugged her very tightly. Out of the corner of my eye, James tensed while watching the exchange between my husband and our daughter. I smiled, knowing they truly were mates and I couldn't be happier for my daughter. "Let's get home." Taylin and James went to his car while me and John got into ours and we headed home. I was nervous about telling James what he is. I have no idea how he is going to react because I can tell he doesn't know a thing about what he is at all.