Bumpy Plane Ride

Xena and Zyra had taken a nap when they felt themselves sleepy and decided to take a short nap when all of a sudden Zyra heard a low growl coming from the cage and her eyes went up.

"Uncle Davis did you..."

She turned to look at her uncle who was already tense as he stared at George "George...you okay buddy?" Davis called out with uncertainty in his voice.

Xena yawned and blinked her eyes "What's happenin'?" She slurred as grogginess filled her voice. Kate scooted away instinctively when George began to aggressively bang on the cell door.

Nearby bodyguards quickly armed themselves with guns and the last thing they heard was Davis and Zyra screaming "No George!!!" And Xena and Kate making and ear shattering scream before the bars broke and George was unleashed.

Cargo holds were thrown about and men started shooting George "We have to do something!" Xena screamed as Zyra started yelling at them to stop shooting.

Davis managed to free himself from the zip ties before freeing his nieces and Kate.

The cargo hold doors suddenly began to open and Zyra would have been swept away by the winds if Xena hadn't got a hold on one of the seatbelt straps of the chairs of the plane.

Kate screamed as Davis held on to her before grabbing a parachute. Zyra swung herself to grab two and managed to zip onto hers before assisting Xena.

"I never thought one of my favorite action movie scenes would come in real life, and I'm in it!"

Zyra rolled her eyes at the comment "What movie?" Xena grinned widely "Now this is what I call Mission Impossible baby!" Zyra gave her a gaping look before glaring down at her sister that would make anyone cower on sight.

"You have got to be kidding me?! That is it! I am not letting you watch any more action packed movies of this is what I get in return. The last thing I want is to die young"

A loud roar from the huge gorilla in front of them snapped the girls back in reality before Xena gasped in horror as a body flew pass them.

"Agent Russel!"

Davis turned to see the agent about to take to the skies and quickly grabbed a parachute for him as the plane began to descend at an alarming rate.

George roared in anger as he began breaking everything he saw. It unnerved the girls to no end that the kind and gentle giant they had raised became something so...monstrous.

"Alright lady...we gotta jump!"

Kate turned to Zyra as if she had gone crazy "We either die here now or we die in the skies and may have a 90% chance of living" Xena looked at her sister.

"Why the gap of 10%?!"

"Might be a slight chance of malfunctioning of the chute"

"That makes me less confident we are going to survive sis!"

"You die now in a burning pit of fire from a plane crash or die in the air but get to experience what Tom Cruise feels like when skydiving? Take your pick"

Xena blinked before she turned to see George roaring and slamming his hands down on the floor.

"What about George...?"

Zyra tightened her grip on Xena as memories from childhood filtered her mind and she choked up an answer "I don't know Xena, he's not the same as he once was..." Xena sniffled before Davis screamed to his nieces and Kate.

"We gotta go now!"

Not even bothering to say anything, Davis had pulled Russel and a screaming Kate off the plane and Zyra and Xena were the last one to let go.

George looked back at them and for a moment, Zyra swore she saw the familiar look George gave them every time they see him.

But it was gone like a flash as the plane fell down with a family member on it.

Amongst the roaring of the winds, sobs and cries of the Okoye family did not go unnoticed by Kate and Russel as Davis gave a solemn goodbye to George from his view of the burning airplane.

"So long...Brother Ape"

***

The smell of burnt metal made his nostrils flare as he staggered to his feet and away from the pile of rubble from the crash site of the plane.

The ringing of his ears would not stop and it was getting him agitated and angry all the more.

He had heard his family scream out for him but they were lost in his ears as soon as the ringing began and it hurts.

With a growl, George bounded off to the cornfields, he will have time to mourn after he deals with the ringing in his ears.

***

Xena and Zyra ran towards the rubble and searched for either any traces of George or his dead body.

"I can't find him anywhere!"

Zyra screamed with a slight panic as Xena lifted a few heavy metals and looked under only to be disappointed.

Davis scanned the area before he noticed the cornfields were parted as if something big just happened to pass by.

A small grin made its way to his face "I think our George is alive" Xena let out a holler and a whoop and Zyra made a weird dance move.

"I know Brother Ape would make it!"

Xena said with a smiled and Zyra amusedly raised a brow "Moments ago in a sky you were crying so hard I thought people were gonna wonder why it was drizzling with rain" Xena glared at her sister but smiled slightly.

Kate looked around then turned to Davis.

"Now what?"