The Cold Truth

If there was one thing Xena is feeling right now is the eternal ringing in her ears as she tried to block it out with her hands but she found them to be immobile.

"You alright kid?"

The voice of her uncle made Xena forcefully opened eyes only to close them back from the sudden light.

"Who turned on the lights?"

Zyra growled as she blinked and slowly sat up from her fetal position and winced when she felt her bones crack from staying like that for too long.

"Looks like your two sleeping beauties are awake"

Zyra looked at a man wearing a suit and holding a high tech cam on his hand.

"Who the heck are you? - Why is George in a cage ON A FREAKING AEROPLANE!"

Xena finally screamed in anger as she tried to stand up to strangle the guy but was held back by Kate. Zyra glared at the man as he chuckled and looked them over "You've got lucky kids Davis, any man would be lucky enough to have spitfires like these two" Davis glared and Zyra retorted.

"We're not getting married"

Xena looked at her sister with a raised brow before turning her attention to George.

"Is he gonna be okay?"

The man nodded "Oh he'll be alright, gave him enough sedatives for the whole trip. He will not wake up until we wake him up" Xena growled and stood up only for a guard to roughly push her down.

"Zyra and Xena Okoye, deceased parents at the age of 3, taken under the guardianship of your uncle"

Zyra saw red as her nose flared in anger "Cut the bullshit Russel and having George on this plane is suicide" Davis said curtly "Sir, with all do respect, in his rate of growth I doubt those sedatives will last long on flight" Kate said and Russel gave her a smug look.

"We've factored in his growth rate same as his elevated metabolism and the increase amount of blood in his system"

"There can always be miscalculations..."

Xena mumbled under her breath "There is also the fact that one of your little science experiments were running around" Zyra blinked.

"What do you mean?"

Davis asked and Russel gave him an amused look "You never heard of the 30 foot wolf? Man, your big monkey is old news" Without further ado, he showed them a video of military men and camps being raided by a black wolf.

"That does not look like a wolf at all"

Xena mumbled out. Honestly, the face of that thing looked like a werewolf seen in the movies.

Zyra made a noise of agreement "Weirdos on the internet, they called it Ralph" Russel made a snort of amusement. Xena turned her head and mumbled something about "Crazy retarded animals being named after saints..." when the name Ralph was a nickname of an Archangel.

"Who do you work for?" Davis asked, glaring at Russel "I work for the American People" Kate shook her head "That ain't CIA" Russel looked at her with a raised brow.

"Justice League?..." Kate mocked with a raised brow. Xena and Zyra snickered "I've heard that bullshit before other government agencies huh? That's clever" Davis said flatly and Russel gave him a smug look.

"Yes sir that is clever. This human science shoots the bag. I'm the guy they're gonna have to call a change of scenes"

"Brother Ape didn't ask for this and we never did even want whatever science shit is going on in here" Xena said lowly "Well either it's his fault or not, he's dangerous" Zyra was quick to speak "Kate can make a cure for him, he'll be back in his normal size by then. She works for the people who made what made George today" Russel gave Zyra a look.

"You mean use to..."

Davis narrowed his eyes and frowned before turning to Kate who refused to look at him "Kate Caldwell, recruited by ENERGIN. In 2010, fired by ENERGIN and that's not all, she had been trying to steal hard drives that wasted them 30 months" Kate glared at him while Davis and the girls were stunned at the sudden information.

Kate had been lying to them.

"By the way Okoye, I'm sorry for your gorilla"

Xena lowered her head in sadness while Davis watched Russel with a stony glare.

"You lied to us..."

Zyra mumbled and Kate sighed "I'm very sorry for tricking you but -" She was cut off by Davis "Do you have a cure or not for George?" Kate began babbling on about ENERGIN and Xena sighed heavily.

"Stop stalling Kate and just tell us, yes or no?"

When Kate looked away, the Okoye family already knew the answer and it still hurt them deeply that George will never be the same when Kate said those dreaded words.

"No"