"Shooting Stars?"

Xena and Zyra had just finished changing from their uniforms to their casual outfits when someone bumped into them.

"Oh hey piss pants"

Xena greeted and a flash of a glare came from Connor's eyes before he turned to Zyra "I never knew you could be so...good with animals" Zyra shrugged.

"Well, animals are our jams in the family"

Xena raised a brow when she noticed Connor rubbing the back of his neck "So...a few of my friends and I are going out tonight. I was thinking maybe you and your...sister could tag along?" Before Zyra could even answer back a response, Xena already answered for her.

"Sorry bucko but she's not interested in boys who show off unsuccessfully. Also, she's not interested"

Zyra looked at her sister with a frown but she was right. Zyra was too focused on her studies and degrees that she barely even have time for having a relationship with the exception of her family and the animals in the Sanctuary of course.

"My sister has a point but I am not sure on the first part"

Zyra answered truthfully and she saw Conner's eyes dimmed in disappointment before the girls heard the honking of Uncle Davis' car.

"Well, that's our ride. See ya later" Xena said before pushing and dragging her sister away.

"You didn't have to be so rude to him" Zyra said and Xena scoffed "I don't like guys that go into you simply because they like your looks" Zyra sighed before they were standing in front of Nelson and Davis.

"What took my baby girls so long?"

"Had a slight distraction" Zyra answered but Xena was not taking it lightly "Piss pants just asked sis out" Davis sighed and shook his head "This is the 5th time this week" Nelson looked at Zyra in surprise.

"This has happened before?"

Zyra shrugged "I have been pursued from time to time. Still haven't found the perfect man yet" Xena smiled "You have Uncle D and George as your men and don't forget Nelson" Nelson blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"No need to flatter me Xexe" Xena raised a confused brow "But what I said was the truth. Anyways, I bet the right girl will come sooner or later" Zyra pushed Xena inside the car with an irritated look.

"That's enough sentimental talk but she's right Nelson, see you tomorrow"

Nelson waved goodbye to them as the car drove off. He sighed and shook his head.

"The people love them..."

***

"I was thinking of having salad tonight"

"This is the fifth time you said you wanted to have salads for tonight's dinner. I really shouldn't have let you watched too many health TV shows"

Xena said with her arms crossed and Zyra huffed "It keeps me in shape AND have proper balance unlike you" Xena grinned smugly at her sister so much that Zyra wanted to wipe that off.

"Unlike you, I have a strong metabolism"

"You girls better behave back there" Davis warned and everything went silent. Xena struck her tongue out and Zyra rolled her eyes.

As Davis drove across a bridge, Xena had just pulled up the window to see something flew pass by at lightning speed.

"Did you see that?!"

Xena suddenly screamed. Zyra tore her gaze away from her book and looked out of the window "See what?" Xena squinted her eyes, trying to find that flash.

"I thought I saw a shooting star"

Zyra sighed "In case you haven't noticed sister, a shooting star rarely happens once and I'd be dead if I see one" Xena sighed as she sat back down and closed the window.

Not knowing that two more "shooting stars" appeared a few moments after the first one.

***

It was time for George and his troop to rest for the night and hopefully that his sister apes would visit him again if they weren't caught up in their work in their own herd.

A sudden screech from one of the female gorilla's brought George's attention as a bright flash of green flew over the trees and landed somewhere in the Ape Sanctuary.

Pablo scurried up ahead, wanting to see what arrived inside their territory and the gorilla's surrounded the strange metal capsule before George roughly ordered them to go back to their nests.

Curiously and cautiously, George walked towards the capsule with his furs standing on end. He knew something was not right but curiosity overtook him as he gave a small poke in the capsule.

George let loose an aggressive roar when he was suddenly inhaling radioactive gas that was slowly changing his DNA structure.

***

Xena shot up from her bed with wide eyes before she hurriedly flung off the sheets and opened the window to her bedroom.

Zyra hissed as if she was being burned when moonlight shined down on their room "What the heck Xexe?" Zyra whisperedbwith sleepy eyes and looked at Xena staring ahead.

"What's wrong?"

Zyra asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Xena shook her head "I thought I heard something. More like a roar actually" Zyra rubbed her head.

"You must be dreaming because I never heard anything and Uncle D should have heard something by now if you did hear a roar"

Settling back into her covers, Zyra yawned "Go back to sleep and we can all wake up early in the morning" Xena frowned before closing the window and heading back to bed.

The light of the moon casted eerie shadows of the curtains and Xena could not help but let the feeling of something out of place grow as she slept through the night with a frown.

***

By morning, Xena barely had any sleep and Zyra wondered if the dream Xena had the other night must have kept her sister up lately.

"Maybe you should take a break from work Xexe. I'll tell everyone that you got called in sick today"

Xena yawned and shook her head "I can't Zy. I promised George I'd give him his daily check up today. The other veterinarian was a bit scared of him" Xena mumbles out the last part.

A loud crash from Davis' bedroom made Xena drop her spoon full of cereal and for Zyra to almost burn her hand while holding a pot of hot water.

"Uncle!" The girls screamed as the raced up to his bedroom only for them to stop from merely hitting their faces as the door flung open and Davis was already dressed up for work.

However, the girls noticed the worried loom on his fave and immediately knew that something was up and it was not for the best.

"What's wrong?"

Zyra asked, suddenly feeling afraid of the answer as Davis turned to face the girls with a grim look on his face and the girls were sure that they almost forgot to breath when Davis answered.

"Something happened to George"