Chp 13

---------------------CAMILLE

"You gon buy me anotha snowcone, nigga. I had to stand in line fa-"

 I turned around at the sound of Trim's voice, only to be met with the angry gaze of August. He looked like he was about to pop a damn blood vessel. His seemingly perfectly structured jawline was clenched, causing for me to already forsee how this sht would turn out. I stood up, grabbing my purse and directing my attention to Gio.

"I told you this shit was a bad idea. I'm just gonna go-"

She sighed, jumping from August's desk and grabbing my arm. "Cami....wait-"

August walked over to his desk, taking a seat in the chair. I watched him as he began opening drawers and slinging shit every where. He looked crazy as hell. Finally, he found whatever he'd been looking for, roughly shutting the last drawer he was going through. He placed the previously rolled blunt between his plump lips, after licking them.

"Fuck. Yo gimme a light nigga."

Trim raised his eyebrow at him, but still dug through his pockets for a lighter, nonetheless. Despite the fact that August and Trim were day ones, even he knew not to fuck with Aug when he started acting crazy.

Gio glanced at August, shaking her head before whispering to me. "Look, just let me talk to him real quick, okay?"

I hesitated before nodding. Hell, if it weren't for my predicament, I wouldn't even be here. I missed his crazy ass, but he was exactly what we all were referring to him as....crazy.

I didn't even bother to glance at him again as I walked out of his office. A few seconds later, Trim followed out behind me. I knew he and Gio weren't on the best of terms at the moment.

"You know you real brave to be showin up ova here, lil bit."

He propped himself up on the wall next to me. I sighed, shaking my head. "I know. But I really need this. Trust me, I wouldn't be here if I had any other alternative."

He nodded, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "You know you hurt that nigga forreal. He won't admit it, but I know. He can't even bust-"

He glanced over at me, stopping his sentence and clearing his throat before re-wording himself. "He ain't been the same."

I sighed and shook my head, placing my back against the wall. "I know I messed up. I'm surprised he hasn't beat my ass, honestly. I don't even know my next move....I didn't expect to make it this far."

Trim chuckled, rubbing at his chin thoughtfully before responding. "We all was surprised, if you want my honest opinion. Yungin' don't let no bitch-excuse my language- or nigga double cross him like dat. I done seen dat nigga shoot his own blood in the leg ova a couple grand."

I glanced down at my feet in both shame, and embarrassment, before looking back at him and speaking in a soft tone. "I guess I got lucky, huh?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, baby girl. That ain't luck. That's love right dere."

-----------------------AUGUST

I tilted my head back, allowin smoke to filta out my nose and mouth, while everybody cleared out my office. Gio looked at me, shakin ha head befa goin to close the door.

"What the fuck, yo?"

I took my eyes off the blunt I was holdin between my thumb and pointa finga, glancin at ha.

"What?"

She took a deep breath and closed ha eyes, like she was tryna refrain haself frrom snappin da fuck off on a nigga.