Chapter 6

It was too early for me. I squinted at the bright street lights out of the car window as Kendall sped down the highway. The sky slowly turned from black to dark blue as the sun began to make it's way around the earth once more.

"I really am going to miss you." Kendall reached across the console to grab the hand that was placed on my lap.

"I know. I'm going to miss you too." I kissed the back of his hand then he placed it back on my lap.

"But we're going to video chat as much as possible. Call me every day." He reminded me for the millionth time. My eyes watered.

"I will." I cleared my throat as I tried to blink the tears away.

"Pay attention in class. If anyone starts shit with you, let me know and I will personally go to Boston and beat the living fuck out of them." He squeezed my hand. "I don't care if its a female. If a bitch hurts you, I hurt the bitch. Got it?"

Kendall entered the parking lot as he quickly found a spot to park in.

I laughed. "Got it. Anything else?"

"Have fun. But not too much fun, remember, you have a boyfriend in Vegas." He parked the car and winked.

We both got out of the car and pulled the luggage out of the trunk as we raced across the street to enter the airport.

"Flight 456 to Portland, now boarding." The PA was heard in the building as we walked in.

We stood in line for what seemed like an hour until we reached the check-in desk. A blonde girl in red uniform, about twenty-five years old, greeted us.

"Hi. Seven a.m. flight to Boston?" He nodded towards me. Smiling, the desk attendant nodded and pressed the computer screen.

"Luggage?" She asked, nearly moaning, looking over at Kendall's side. She bit her lip, her eyes skimmed Kendall from his head to his toes and back up.. What the hell?

He wore my favorite short sleeve, tight, black v-neck that outlined every muscle in his upper body and blue jeans with his favorite pair of black vans.

"One carry-on backpack and two cases." He waved at them, he was completely oblivious to the attendant's tone of voice.

"Can you place them on the scale?" She fluttered her eyelids at him. I crossed my arms and glared at her.

Kendall reached down, taking hold of the handle and pulling the case up. His arm grew in size underneath the black fabric as the veins in his arms barely popped out of his skin. She shifted her eyes from his butt back to the desk. Grinning as she pressed the buttons on the computer screen again.

"All done." She smiled at him. "Now we need the next one." She took my baggage and placed it on the conveyor belt behind her.

Kendall bent down to reach the suitcase. I beat him to it, with one hand I gripped the handle and slammed it on the scale giving the attendant a serious look. Kendall looked down and bit down a chuckle. She completely ignored me as she weighed the suitcase and placed it on the conveyor belt behind her.

She handed the boarding ticket to Kendall. "Have a safe flight." She winked.

"Thanks." I took the tickets from her hand and walked away from the desk. Kendall raced to my side. "Can you believe her?" I hissed.

"Believe what?" He asked.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice." I looked at my ticket and noticed a post it note stuck to the back of it. On it, 'Call me' was writen in cursive followed by a number and a heart. "You've got to be kidding me." I growled as I stomped back to the desk.

"You're not going anywhere." Kendall turned me around and guided me towards the security area.

"She was practically ready to undress you right there. She stared at your ass!" I whispered.

"I ignored her because I didn't want you to get jealous. But I like the sight of you being jealous, it's hot." He bit his lip. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

We reached the security check point. I quickly placed my shoes and backpack on a grey box watching it go through the x-ray machine. I got in line and waited for my turn to go through the metal detector. I turned around only to see Kendall taking off his shoes. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Taking off my shoes?" He spoke as if he guessed what he was doing. "I'm walking you down to the gate." He placed his shoes, cellphone and wallet on the grey box and slid it towards the x-ray machine.

"Whatever floats your boat." I shrugged. He chuckled. We both went through the metal detector and recieved our stuff.

"Let's go." He smiled, taking my hand and walking down the enormous hallway looking for the gate. "Twenty-nine. Twenty-nine." He whispered as he looked at the numbers.

I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked. My mind was flooded with memories of both of us. The first time we met, the first kiss.. I smiled to myself.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"You." I responded. He paused and pulled me to the side of the hallway, away from other travelers. He looked into my eyes as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I wonder how I am ever going to survive these months without you." He whispered.

"It's the same thing I ask myself everyday." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down for a gentle kiss. I pulled away and saw the outline of his eye turn red along with his nose. But his arms tightened around me and pulled me back for another kiss.

Our lips crashed against each other as we tried to give each other as much love as we could to survive the next few months. His tongue entered my mouth as I fell deeper into his arms.

"Get some!" A group of guys chanted as they passed us. Kendall turned and waved them off. I laughed. He turned to me again.

"Flight 720 to Boston may now begin boarding."

"This is it." I looked up at the gate number where we were.

Twenty-nine.

Kendall pulled me in for a hug and I buried my face in his chest. "Don't forget me." I sniffed, letting tears slip down my face.

"I won't ever. Even if you break up with me, spit in my face, or even kill me. I'll never stop loving you." He mumbled against my hair. We pulled away and shared one small kiss before I made my way towards the gate.

My arms began to shake and I gripped the shoulder straps on my backpack. You won't cry. You won't cry.

I turned around to see Kendall's eyes red again. I paused at the gate. He waved me goodbye and his lips formed a thin line. I turned away and walked down the gate.

One last look I thought as I turned once more. Kendall bit his lip and waved me away again.

Just when I was about to turn away, his lower lip trembled and his tears spilled out. I didn't waste another second as I raced into his arms.