Chapter 2

The next day Kendall and I woke up early morning and had breakfast, right before getting started with the guest room. After covering the carpet floor with plastic and newspapers we got to work.

"Let's start with that wall." He pointed towards the wall opposite of the door. I nodded. He picked up the brush while I began to tape the edges of the window, making sure the paint wouldn't go over the white outline.

"I have a question.." I wondered as I ran my hand against the blue tape.

"I have an answer." Kendall snickered as he poured the green paint in the tray.

"What are you going to do once I'm across the country?" I turned around to face him. He was crouched down.

"I'll get back to my job." He responded. "Why?"

"No partying?" I asked. He looked up at me weirdly. "That's not what I mean. I want you to have fun, hang out with friends, as long as they're not pretty single girls-"

"You know thats not happening. You're mine." He winked.

"But go out. Please." I batted my eyelashes at him.

"A normal girlfriend, leaving for university, would beg her boyfriend to stay at home yet you, you beg me to go out."

"Pretty much." I nodded

"I love you." He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me

I placed both of my hands on either side of his face. "I love you more."

I was leaving in seven days. School wasn't going to be easy without him. 

Kendall pulled away from our embrace, "Now get to work." He demanded playfully as I rolled my eyes, while i turned around i felt his hand slap against my butt. I turned my head to the side and glared. He bit his lip in response. I pulled out the paint brush from the bucket, I raised it above my shoulder.

"You wouldn't." He took a few steps back. I let my arm swing in his direction as the cold paint hit his black undershirt which flaunted his tattooed sleeves. His eyes looked down to the green line within the black cotton.

"Oops." I smirked. My eyes widened as I realized Kendall picked the other paint brush to dip in the bucket. Just as I flinched the paint hit my left cheek. I slowly turned to look at him.

Kendall's face was horrified, he clearly did not intend to aim for my face. "I am so sorry!" He threw the brush down as he headed over to see if my eye had gotten paint. Just then I poked his neck, getting his neck and jaw paint. 

That was when the paint war began. I couldn't tell you how long it lasted but the room was done around dusk. I took a shower first, and walked out fully dressed as Kendall kissed me quickly in the hallway right before walking in the bathroom.

I leaned over and placed my forearms on the rail. Our living room balcony had a panoramic view of the city. I cannot even remember how many times I would come here every night and just take a sight of the beautiful view. Tonight would be the first of the last few times I will be able to see all this. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I felt arms circle around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder. "What are you thinking about?" Kendall asked. He intertwined his right hand with my left hand. His thumb and index finger played around my ring.

"How much i'm going to miss all this." I sighed, bringing my right hand to his hair. "That was quick. I thought you didn't take a shower."

"I did. And you have been standing here for a while with your eyes closed." He announced. I blinked twice as I tried to think how did those three seconds turn into a while. I looked at him from the corner of my eye as he added, "I didn't want to interrupt whatever moment was that you were having with the view. So I just looked at you until I got impatient."

Kendall reminded me of the city view, I looked over to it, not bothering to keep up the conversation with Kendall. 

 Soon, Kendall's arms left my body and I heard the balcony door open and close. I felt a breeze caress my face as my eyelids slowly blinked. The door opened and closed again as Kendall guided me to the wide pool side chair we had. We both layed down in the chair.

"Sleep." He whispered. As I leaned against his shoulder, I felt him stiffen.

I heard a little whimper as I turned around to see a small shadow had joined us in the balcony. I couldn't quite see who it was until that shadow had taken a few steps forward. Where the light from the living room streaked through the door glass.

 It was the little boy that I had seen at the park a few months ago. His sad green eyes still matched with his plaid shirt and beanie. I quickly turned to Kendall.

"Please tell me you see a little blond boy." He pleaded. I turned back to the boy, standing up and kneeling in front of him. The boy sniffed and wiped a tear down his cheek.

"Why did you leave me?" He cried.

"No, no. I didn't leave you. I never did." I comforted him.

"Then why didn't you look for me?" He asked. I felt footsteps behind me, and Kendall kneeled down to me.

"Who is he?" Kendall asked. His hand reached for his arm. The little boy pulled away, stepping back into the dark. "No, I don't mean to hurt you."

"Mommy!" The little boy cried. I picked him up and walked inside. Kendall followed. 

"Did you steal him?" He asked, a little more angry now. 

"No!" I set down the boy in the counter and took his hat off. I went into the kitchen, where Kendall followed me again.

"Is he your son?"

"How is he supposed to be my son?!" I screamed. I was getting less and less patient with Kendall. I really didn't know what was going on. I opened the fridge and pulled out a water bottle.

"Well he called you mommy. Isn't that another word for mother?" He bellowed. I walked over to the little boy and handed him the water.

"Kendall, shut up! You're scaring him!"

"Who's child is it?!" Kendall turned red. "You better not keep it. I want him out!"

The little boy started to cry silently. I didn't know who he was. Or why he called me mommy. But he needed someone. He needed me.

"Just shut up already!" I slapped Kendall across the face before even thinking about it.

"Fine! Keep him! I hate kids!" Kendall grabbed his car keys. "I'm leaving. The wedding is off."

"Stop being dramatic!"

"I will. Trust me. You'll never see me again. Have fun with your orphan." He shouted, as he slammed the door shut.

I was now alone with a small crying boy.