Chapter 3

I woke up breathing heavily and with tears in my eyes, sitting up quickly. It wasn't real. It wasn't real. I thought to myself over and over again. When I let out a small cry, Kendall's body instantly propped up and he kneels in front of me.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He placed his hands on each of my arms as he scanned my face trying to see what was wrong. I kept nodding at his questions, and he took me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "What was the nightmare about?"

"Just some monster .." I lied.

"What monster?" He asked. I looked up at him once more. Not being able to believe that what I had lied about, had actually been true.. Kendall was the monster in my nightmare. My worst nightmare. But it wasn't true. None of that was true. He wasn't rude, or mean. It was all a nightmare..

"I don't remember." I looked away from his gaze, as I tried to pretend not to know.

He hugged me once more, "I'm here to protect you now. Whatever it was, it's over now." He pulled away as he held my hands. "Are you okay going back to sleep?" He looked at the green dialog clock at the bedside table. 4:48am

I shook my head. "You go back to sleep. I'll be fine." I got out of bed and began to walk towards the door. From the corner of my eye I saw Kendall sit up in the bed, I turned around as he walked towards me. His dark silhouette crept closer. "I'll be fine." I assured him. He shook his head. I sighed, "You're too stubborn." he chuckled.

"Thanks for the compliment." Kendall spoke as he flipped the light switch on. The hallway lit up as I walked in the living room, remembering the nightmare I had. Tears filled my eyes as I felt Kendall approach me from behind. I quickly wiped my eyes before he could notice.

The rest of the morning went well. We stayed up watching all kinds of movies, and had breakfast eventually. I began to think about my school. Thinking I had to say goodbye to Kendall... but he wasn't the only person I wanted to say goodbye to.

"What are you thinking about?" Kendall nudged my side as we watched The Lucky One. I tried to shake the thought away but the desire was too strong. Besides that, Kendall would do whatever it was to make me spill it.

"I might want to see my mother." I looked into his green eyes. His face expressioned lightened up but instantly lost his smile.

"You're planning on going? I am not letting you near your father."

I sighed as I remembered the unfortunate problem we had a few months ago. "No, but I need to see her. Meet her somewhere else, anywhere but that house."

"I'll help you. I can drive her or something." He offered. I looked down at our hands intertwined, knowing she would not be too fond about the idea.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Only if she is okay with it. I just want you to be happy." He wrapped his arms around me as I rested my head against his chest. "I'll do whatever it takes for you to be happy."

"I'm gonna miss you like hell." I muttered.

"i'm gonna miss you too princess." He cuddled. "Just call her first and let her know."

I sprinted towards the bedroom as I found my phone and dialed my mother. For the first time in months I was going to be able to speak to her again.

"Hello?" a female voice answered on the phone line.

"Mom?" I could not tell who it was, it seemed like she was mumbling.

"Christina? Sweetie is that you?"

"Yes mom it is me."

"Hang up. Hang up right now." She begged. Someone was listening.

"Why? No. I need to talk to you." I answered.

"Sweetie. HANG.UP. NOW." She gritted her teeth. "I'll call you in a bit." the line went dead.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, i stared town at the carpet floor. Roger was sure to be listening. I hoped she was okay, a wave of warmth filled my body as I remembered I was not alone in the world. With the exception of Kendall of course. But I needed a family. A mother. An aunt. An uncle. Anyone really.

The phone rang again. I picked it up quickly, anxious to hear my mother's voice again.

"Okay. It's alright now." She mumbled again. I could barely make out what she was saying. "I'm out here in the patio. He's inside sleeping."

"Is there something wrong? You seem to be mumbling too much." I asked her.

For a moment the other end of the conversation went silent. "Yeah. It must be the phone, darling." She hesitated for a bit. "I-I owe you an apology"

"For what?" I asked

"The incident.." She swallowed. "I should have never let him lay a hand on you."

"Past is the past. No need for the apology. It's him who should apologize" My mind focused on another reason, a memory. "Is he still treating you like trash?"

"Hun-" He began to make up an excuse.

I interrupted. "Don't let him lay a hand on you! Damn it, call the police or someone!" My heart sped up and my voice got louder in desperation.

"You don't know him." She said.

"Yes I do. I know him more than you." I insisted, i sighed and continued with the plan. I knew it was a matter of time before Roger would wake up. "I need to see you. As soon as possible."

"I can't." She replied.

"Why? Because of him? You're going to let him manipulate you?"

"I have to listen to him." She tried to hold back a cry. I really wanted to see her. There had to be some way.

"What if Kendall goes to pick you up?" I suggested.

"Who?"

"Kendall. My fian-" I was interrupted by her.

"If you mean that damn tattooed asshole you can forget it."

"He's not an asshole." I snapped. "If you were to really get to know him-" She let out a laugh. I sighed and continued my sentence. "He offered to bring you to meet me. Drive from L.A. to where we live."

"You live with HIM?!" She scoffed.

"Yes, I do and we love each other." I told her.

"There is no way I am driving... You don't live near do you?"

I wasn't sure if telling her was the right thing. If Roger was able to force the location out of her he would find us in no time.

"We don't live near." I confirmed.

"Where exactly?" She asked.

"Look, Kendall will give you the ride home."

"I already told you I will not be in the same car as him. Even if it means I never get to see you again." She nearly cried into the phone as I heard a man's voice in the background. She hung up.

I cried, knowing that at that moment she would be hurt, beaten and who knows what kind of torture Roger would do. Kendall's arms wrapped around me as I cried into his shoulder.

"Should I even ask?" He whispered.

I shook my head and responded.

"Just stay here and hold me."