Chapter 2

Ashley's POV

I laid on my bed, dying of boredom. Mostly everyone is gone on the supply run. I honestly don't find it fair that Carl gets to go but I don't. They never gave me a real reason on why I couldn't go. Is it because I'm an annoying teenage girl? Probably.

I decided to walk around the town just to pass time. I walked over to the other side of town, where Carlos and his group are. They were all walking around doing nothing, like me. I then heard the familiar voice call out my name.

"Ashley!" I heard the footsteps come up from behind me. 

"Hey Clementine!" She usually had a big smile on her face but this time it was full of sorrow. 

"Come quick it's bad." She started running in the opposite direction so I ran after her. Hopefully it's nothing to serious. She was running all the way towards the gate that was blocking everything out from getting in. There was a big huddle of people so I squeezed my way through to see what they were staring at. 

"How is that possible?" It was a guy from their group, Nick. There was a walker bite on his shoulder.

"We can't cut it off, it's to high up." Carlos said. 

"I'm sorry but we're going to have to shoot him, he's going to turn soon." He is already unconcious from losing so much blood. Everyone just looked at each other not knowing how to respond. "I'll do it, just give me a knife." Clem passed me her pocket knife for me to use. I hesitated a bit before I stabbed his head.

I dropped the knife and ran away from the group and to my house. I slammed the door behind me before sinking to the ground. I haven't done that in months, and I honestly thought I would never have to do it again. I ran into the bathroom and washed all the blood from my hands. I quickly dried them off and looked at myself in the mirror, which I have avoided doing for a long time. Why? I don't know to be honest. But I look different, I looked so much older then I thought I did. I was lost in my thoughts before I heard a knock on the door. 

"Ashley it's me, open the door." I quickly opened the door and just hugged him.

"Carl, I-I."

"Sssh, I know they told me." I pulled away and looked at him.

"I thought I could do it, I've done it before when I was only 14! But not it feels so different. Why?"

"Because we've been in a safe community for a long time not having to do anything like that. I'm sorry I wasn't here you shouldn't have had to do it." He always blames himself when he shouldn't. "Come on lets get out of here, everyone is having a discussion about how this happened." I nodded and followed him out the door and to the front of the town. Everyone was already there and the conversation started without us. 

"Well it didn't just sneak in, everything is secure. Someone must've put it there." 

"Who the fuck would put it there?" All of these comments were being yelled out so I couldn't even here myself think. 

"What if it's the guys that captured us? I mean we didn't kill all of them and who knows how many people are in their group now? Maybe he just wants revenge and was giving us a warning." I knew no one wanted to here that, but I think that's whats going on. If they're still chasing us after 2 years they must be really pissed. 

"Who the hell is she talking about?" Luke asked.

"No one, it's nothing to worry about. Ashley come on lets be reasonable." Rick said. Is he serious right now? That's probably the most logical reason I could think of. Everyone just kept saying that "oh it wont happen again" but I didn't believe that. I knew that this will happen again soon, and we don't know who will be bit next. 

I walked away from the group, not wanting to deal with their bullshit. This group has never listened to my opinion and I dont think they ever will. A lot of the time I'm right too and they regret not listening. Rick should believe me, I just think he doesn't want too because he knows what that group is capable of.

 Carl's POV:

She walked away and I didn't chase after her. She needs some space so I'm just going to listen to what everyone else has to say. Arguments were being yelled all over the place. You would think we would try to work together instead of going oppisite ways.

"Well if you're going to argue with us then just leave, go back to your side and deal with it your way!" Rick screamed. 

"Fine fuck you!" Luke screamed and stormed off with the rest of his group. That definetly should have been handled in a different way. Whoever did this is getting exactly what they wanted. I honestly agree with Ashley, not just because she's my girlfriend, but it makes total sense. They were not finished with us and we just snuck out and ran away. I want my dad to realize that and start to do something about it. With all of the deaths that have happened through all of this he should know that this isn't bullshit. Everyone walked away after that except for my dad and I.

"I hate to say this, but I really think you're wrong about this." 

"Carl not now."

"Then when dad? After another person dies? It could be one of our people next."

"Carl stop! It's not those bad guys, they wont find us this time." He then walked away leaving me all by myself. 

I know something bad is going to happen, and it's going to happen soon.

End of chapter 2!

Please vote it really helps me out :)