Chapter 9

PLEASE READ THIS PARAGRAPH

Okay guys I understand you get upset with me when I don't update for awhile but you need to understand, I have a social life. I enjoy hanging out with my friends and family. And since summer just started for me I've been doing it a lot lately. All the hate some of you guys give me doesn't encourage me to write at all. That's why I posted 2 chapters in a row about 2 weeks ago because I knew I would be busy. I really appreciate all of you who are patient and always have kind things to say! That's all for my rant for now, time to get back to writing

Carl's POV:

I have no idea how long we've been locked up in here. It feels like weeks, but its probably been no more than 2 days. I'm starving, they bring us food for some reason. I guess they don't want to kill us, but why? We already told them that we aren't joining their group. Maybe they want us to be some kind of sick entertainment for them.

Ashley and I have gotten so many lectures from everyone. I know it's our fault but give us a break, these could be some of our last moments alive. Ashley has hardly said a word since we have been here. Maybe because she's scared? But we're all scared, others are just better at hiding it I guess.

I'm kind of nervous about going back to the prison. Everyone's going to obviously be pissed at us. I've heard enough shit already from everyone in here, and there's no way of escaping it. We all heard footsteps coming close. Daryl popped up from his spot and over to the door.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rick said.

"Just follow my lead, we have been in here long enough."

"Daryl no we've tried this before." Before he could respond the door slowly started to crack open.

"What the f-" before he could finish Daryl whacked him right in the face.

"Run now!" What the hell I wasn't prepared for this, couldn't we have discussed this? We don't even have weapons to use. I soon started to hear doors fly open.

"We have a car out on the side, run over there!" I yelled. We finally got outside and turned the sharp corner to the car. I quickly opened the back door and waited for Ashley to jump inside, when she did I followed along with Maggie and Glenn as Daryl and Rick sat up front. It was tough but we all managed to fit in the tiny car.

The keys were thankfully already in the igniton, but the piece of shit wouldn't start like always. The men were coming closer and closer and pulled their guns out. They shot a couple times shattering the windows before the car finally started and we drove off. Thankfully none of us had major injuries, just some scratches from the glass.

I don't think I've ever been so relieved. Are we 100% percent safe from them? No of course not. But we are for now and that's all that matters at the moment.

Ashley's POV:

We're on our way back to where we belong. I'm scared to see my mom though, I can't imagine what she's going to say to me. I'm scared to say anything anymore to be honest. Thanks to me and Carl we almost got half our group killed and I'm ashamed. I've done everything wrong.

I think my period is overdue, which isn't a good thing. No I haven't told Carl and won't until I know for sure. I'm so terrified I can't be pregnant, not now and probably not ever. Carl told me about what happened to his mom and I can't put him through that again.

We have been drving for hours and only have a little bit to go. The sun was starting to set and I started to become tired. We were all squished in the back and it was super uncomfortable. I laid my head on Carl's shoulder the rest of the way until we came to a sudden stop.

"Were here" I felt my heart skip a beat.

I got out of the car and ran straight to the house attempting to avoid everyone. Not that I didn't want to see everyone, I just started to feel so sick. When I finally got to the house I threw up. Probably my anxiety acting up once again. Carl came in as soon as I was done, thankfully he didn't see me like that.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine, can we just go to bed?" He simply nodded and we both got into bed. I really hope this all works out.

~The next day~

I woke up and Carl was pacing around the room. I sat up and gave him a weird look.

"Um what are you doing?" He jumped, startled by my voice.

"My dad came in and woke me up, he wants to have a meeting with us and your mom."

"Okay, then why do you look so worried about it?"

"He didn't seem to happy and it just scares me a little."

"Well don't let it, I'm sure they just want to go over rules with us or something stupid like that." Honestly I'm a little worried too, it's pretty clear they aren't happy with us.

"He told us to meet him at his house as soon as you woke up." So I jumped out of bed still wearing the same clothes I've been wearing for weeks, and still don't bother to change. He grabs my hand and we walk out the door.

The walk was silent, we got a few smiles on our way but that's about all. We reached Rick's front door and walked in, not bothering to knock. And there they were Rick and my mom. I expected my mom to run up and hug me but she didn't say a word to me. She hardly even gave me eye contact. Uh oh this isn't going to be good.

"Sit down guys." We did as told without questioning.

"I know you guys aren't going to like this, but we aren't allowing you guys to date anymore." I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"Ex fucking scuse me?!" Carl yelled. I just sat in silence

"Watch your mouth son!"

"You guys managed to put us all in danger, you two can't be trusted together anymore." I could feel my stomach turn inside out.

"You two are not living together anymore and can only see each other when adults are around."

"This is bullshit you can't do that!" I managed to say.

"But we can, you two have the rest of today together, tomorrow you two will have to seperate." And with those words I passed out.

End of chapter 9

Sorry this kinda sucks, I was just in a hurry to get this posted.