Chapter 10

Ashley's POV:

I woke up to a massive headache.

"Ah fuck." I didn't even want to open my eyes due to the brightness I would be facing. I felt a little nudge on my shoulder which frightened me and caused me to open my eyes. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." It was just Carl. 

"What happened?" His face fell down to a frown. Oh right, that happened. How am I suppose to react to this? There are so many emotions I'm feeling right now, none of them being good. I want to cry, or punch a wall. Why not do both?

"Um what happened after I blacked out?"

"Oh you know constant yelling back and forth, the usual. After I blew up on them I carried you back here getting very strange yet worried glances." I didn't say anything after, just nodded. And there we sat in silence not knowing what to say. I stared into my lap too scared to even make eye contact for some reason, yet I could feel his glance on me.

I looked up and saw tears beginning to fall from his eyes. I didn't say anything, I just inched closer to him and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and he did the same. We still didn't say anything and we didn't have to, we knew exactly what the other was feeling. I didn't want to let go because I was scared if I did he would be gone just like that. So we stayed like that for awhile until he pulled away.

"Are we gonna talk about this?" He asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. 

"What's there to say Carl?" 

"There's a lot to say considering this is our last night together." Hearing those words broke my heart into millions of pieces, and triggered the tears. 

"Oh shit shit I'm sorry Ashley I didn't mean for it to come out like that."

"Don't apologize Carl you're right. This is the last night we can be together without sneaking around."

"Do you really think we'll be able to do that? They'll be watching us like hawks." I sat back down in bed trying to think of how we can do this. I can't let Carl go, I just can't. We sat there thinking for what seemed like hours trying to think of a solution. I sat up and smiled.

"I got it." 

~Next morning~

"Do you see them?" I asked.

"Yeah they're both sitting at the picnic  tables down the street."

"Ready?"

"Yeah ready." We hugged and kissed once more before making our grand enterance to everyone.

"Are you serious Carl? You're such a dick!" We caught everyones attention, including my mom and Rick.

"God if you didn't over react to every little thing this wouldn't be a huge deal!" Rick came running towards us.

"Hey hey calm it down what's the problem?" 

"She's being stupid like usual."

"Look who's fucking talking!"

"Ashley language." My mom yelled.

We continued yelling and screaming at each other until Rick pulled Carl away. 

"See Mary and I knew what we were talking about when we said the two of you needed to end things, we just knew it wouldn't work out."

"You're right Rick, sorry for all the screaming I'll be going now." I walked away and shot an evil glance towards Carl. I walked into my moms place where I have to stay now for a long time. I walked up the stairs into my new room and smiled to myself.

"It totally worked." Incase you're a little lost here is how it all went down. I mentioned the idea to Carl last night that we pretend to have gotten in a fight and hate each other. Even if we walk by each other or anything like that we have to act like we hate each others guts. That way hopefully no one will expect Carl and I to be sneaking around together. We're going to meet every other day in the house down the street from ours that no one uses, people hardly even walk by it. 

If this plan doesn't work we are officialy screwed. 

I sat down on the bed and looked around. At least it's nice and not shitty. It's going to suck not being able to sleep next to Carl, especially since we've been doing it for the past 2 years. It's going to be so different not having anyone there when I go to sleep and when I wake up. Not going to lie these next couple of nights are going to be really depressing and seeing him every other day just doesn't seem like enough. But we can't make it every day, I'm scared of getting caught that way.

We even have a high risk of getting caught this way. If people get suspicious we're going to have to cut it down even shorter which I really don't want to do. 

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, I knew it was my mom so I had no need to panic. 

"Hi sweetheart."

"Oh hi mom."

"Listen I know this is a hard time for you but it's for the best. Boys are bad news anyways. Carl is a good guy but I feel you'll be better and stronger without him."

"Yeah true."

"Would you like to tell me about the argument you two had outside? It seemed really intense."

"Oh I don't know, all of our emotions came out and it just lead up to that so I tried to walk away and over to here with my bags because I was ready to leave but he just wasn't finished so he just had to cause a scene." 

"Don't be embarrased, everyone will forget about it. But I'm sure you want space so I'll let you be. I'll be in the cafeteria helping with lunch if you need me."

"Okay thanks mom." She shut the door leaving me alone with me myself and I. And I fianlly let out a sigh of relief.

She bought it, if Rick bought it then Carl and I are totally safe. Right?

End of chapter 10

Ah sorry I feel like this chapter sucks! But like always thanks for all the love!