Wounds

A few weeks later, the two had found out who had killed Cassandra Cage, causing Gavin and Conan to find themselves caught up gang territory with no current back up. Gavin and Conan hiding behind steel crates as they were being shot at. Gavin waited until the men started to reload their guns when he peeked out and began to shoot.

Gavin shot both men in their hands as he ran over to kick their guns away, Conan dealing with a stronger man that came up in front of them when they were looking away. Neither noticing the sniper on the higher ground. Before Gavin knew it, he had a bullet lodged in his shoulder closest to his heart. The impact making him fall forward into his hands and knees.

Conan barely noticed when he turned around, once finished with the brute who now laid on the ground with multiple broken bones, and didn't see Gavin until he walked over. Cohen's eyes widened as he bent down to put pressure on the sound as he called for backup and an ambulance. The android grabbed Gavin's gun and waited for the perfect moment to shoot the sniper, luckily they were human so he could detect where they were.

Gavin coughed and let out a strangled groan when Conan added pressure, his eyes wanting to close. "No, Gavin don't close your eyes. Look at me." Conan said, slightly panicking though the paramedics would be here in just enough time. Gavin made a disgusted face but then smiled a tiny bit to show it was just a joke. "Don't worry about me, Conan. I'll be fine. It takes a lot to kill this asshole..." he let out a weak chuckle as he leaned his head on Conan's upper arm. "You're so warm..." Gavin muttered as he fell unconscious.

Days later Gavin woke up in a hospital room, he tried to sit up but groaned in pain. His shoulder was all bandaged up and his head pounded with a terrible head ache. He heard the door opened and tried to hide his smile when he saw the android he's come to like so much.

"Your finally awake. You took long enough alright." Conan scoffed and sat at the end of Gavin's bed. "Shut the hell up." Gavin let out a small chuckle as he gently kicked Cohen's back. He's really come to like this android, for some reason he reminded Gavin of an old friend he'd lost a while back, he may have even loved that old friend.

"How long have you been awake?" Conan asked, watching as Gavin shrugged. "Any new cases, Tinny." Gavin said as he tired to make himself comfortable. "Your not coming back to work for at least another week. You need rest." Conan said, taking off his Cyber Life jacket and placing it over Gavin's front side, said man groaned. "I'm going home at least." he argued for a while before giving in.

Conan looked down at his hands. "You had me worried, Gavin. You idiot." Conan said in a hushed voice as he shook his head with a small frown. Gavin's expression softened, he sighed. "At least I'm fine. You can't get rid of me that easily. Cheer up, microwave." Gavin gave a small smile as he looked at Conan. Conan nodded and gave a smile before a chuckle that turned to him just smiling while staring at his hands.

"I'm glad your fine, Asshole."