Chapter Thirteen; Baku Garden (P2)

3rd person p.o.v

Lilarc was playing and singing to Lance for about 20 minutes before Lilarc heard soft snoring at his side, Li may want to seem like a total bad-ass but seeing Lance like this made him smile and stop playing so he wouldn't wake him. He chuckled and stood up to stretch, walking over to a shelf on his wall. He picked up a blanket and draped it over Lance, taking off Lance's shoes and pulling the blanket over his shoulders. He turned of the light and got into bed with him, Lance quickly (unconsciously) clinging to him. Li smiled and kissed Lance's forehead before yawning and soon falling asleep himself.

- - -
Next Morning™

Li yawned and looked at the clock on his bedside table, while he was focusing his eyes he heard movement on the other side of the bed, he turned to see Lance sitting up with his legs hanging over the edge.

"Good morning, You sleep well?" Li asked rubbing his eyes and stretching. He didn't get a response so he looked at Lance again and he was shaking a bit and his face was in his hands.

"Lance?? Are you okay?"

Lance looked over at him with tears gliding down his face, Li instantly rushed over to him,
"What's wrong??"

"I-was-just-thinking-about-everything-before-a-and.. my-god-I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-them-anymore." Lance rushed, trying to calm his breathing, but it only got worse.

"Hey, Hey, shh.. slow down." Lilarc said scooting closer, soothingly rubbing circles into his back, "Just breathe, Count back from 100. I'll do with you, okay? I'm here for you."

Lance whimpered and nodded, trying to count backwards as best as he could, he calmed
down enough to just have small tears and sniffles.

"Do you feel like talking about it?" Li asked cautiously. Lance stayed quiet and rushed into his arms for a hug, he was cold and wanted comfort. Li froze for a second before hugging him back.

"I don't know who I am anymore Li, I thought I was an ordinary human from Earth but i'm n-not.." Lance cried out, sounding ashamed. Lilarc looked at Lance in confusion.

"What do you mean?" After Li asked, Lance pulled away from the hug and explained everything, in full detail. "And even after them repeatedly telling me how much I matter, I still can't help but mind the fact that I grew up thinking i'm someone i'm not. They only started caring after they found out that im related to Allura. They always call me 'Prince Lance' and it doesn't make any sense! If I don't have a kingdom, a community, and a crown, How am I a prince?? I don't even have a planet!!"

"Hey, at least they care. They need you, you're their backbone, support system, and sharp shooter, right? They wouldn't take that for granted." Li said, "Sure you grew up unknowingly on the wrong planet, but you're still a living being with purpose! Altea is a planet. Earth is a planet. All that matters is that you're here in the universe, you're here for a reason, and you shouldn't have to hide behind planets to realize that. I believe that someone's got a plan for you, even if you don't know it yet."

Lance looked at him lovingly with a smile on his face, wondering how much optimism you could fit in one person. At some point while he was staring Li he started crying, repeating what he was told in his head, as Li wiped his tears and brought Lance into a hug, Lance felt a pang in his chest and cried a little softer, goosebumps running up his arms, and warmth flushing his cheeks.

"It's okay if you're not okay Lance, just know that i'm here for you. You're safe with me."

After a few minutes, Lilarc heard the familiar soft snoring coming from the one he was holding and he laid him back down letting him rest a little more. Everything was going to be okay,
Right?

///
Hey everyone!! I know this update is short, i usually write a LOT more in regular chapters but my writers block is severe. it's also 02:44 so..
Anyway- I thought the fluff/angst would make up for it? See you guys soon!