Chapter Three; Identity Scan

Identity Scan

"T-The castle got breached, Two Galra locked me in here and I don't know what they did to the Castle!"

Lance called the rest of the team in and Coran informed them of the breach. Once again they had to split up to search the castle, little after a Varga they met back up.

"Did you find anyone?" Allura asked even though it is obvious that they came back empty handed.

"No princess, we checked the entire castle." Shiro said standing in front of everyone. Lance started to get really paranoid. Maybe there was a Galra among them, besides Keith, and no one noticed because they were disguised as a paladin.. he has trust issues for a reason.

"nce..? Lance. Lance!"

"Yes??? What? I'm sorry." He was driven out of his thoughts, maybe he'll tell them what he thinks.

"You were spacing out man, you okay?" Hunk looked concerned.

"Yeah I am, but I was wondering... What if when we were searching one of the Galra took out one of us and disguised themselves as one of us..? Should we do a security check? I think we should do a security check. Can we do a security check??" Everyone stared at him like he had two heads... But before Keith was about to make a rude remark about the unnecessary paranoia, Coran thought through and decided it wouldn't be a bad idea.

"That's intelligent of you number three! We can turn the pods into DNA scanners, but we'll only be able to use one at a time. Number five, if you'd help me hook it up we can do this sooner." Coran said giddily as per-usual, twirling his mustache.

"Yeah!" Pidge replied already moving towards the pods.

"C-Can Shiro go first?" Lance blurted, he felt bad at showing his lack of assurance, but felt weary of Shiro above any of the other paladins, an anxiety he can't put into words.

"Is there a reason you'd like me to go first?" Shiro looked confused and slightly hurt.

"No!! N.. no reason...!" God Lance was a bad liar. Hunk and Keith glanced at each other shrugging because they didn't know why he wanted Shiro to go first. But of course, Shiro went anyway.

"Okay Number One, this should be safe for you to use. Step in there and we'll you out in a few ticks." Coran spoke while twirling his mustache as per usual.

"Okay."

After a few ticks Shiro stepped in and the glass sealed shut, and a screen appeared over the glass.

Takashi Shirogane
Birth: February 29th
Species: Human
Lion relation: Black lion.

Lance let out a sigh of relief. Pidge looked at the screen amazed and then made a face. "Shiro's six years old!!" They all started laughing at Pidge's leap year comment. Shiro got out after Coran wrote the information down.

"That's the true Black paladin. Who's next?" Coran looked around and then Pidge jumped up frantically she wanted to go first to experience it first hand. Before Coran could reply she was already in the pod. It closed and repeated the same process.

Kaitlyn Holt (that's just me assuming her full name)
Born: April 3rd
Species: Human
Lion relation: Green Lion

Okay so far so good, Coran again wrote down the info and it went the same for the rest of them.
Hunk Garret
Born: January 13th
Species: Human
Lion relation: Yellow Lion

Keith Kogane
Born: October 23rd
Species: Human/Galra
Lion relation: Red Lion

Lance was happy that weren't any intruders and he was quick to go in the machine without reluctance. He thought everything was perfect, but from the looks on the others faces on the outside, something was wrong.

Lance McClain
Born: July 28th
Species: Altean
Lion relation: Blue Lion

He didn't understand the commotion until he stepped out of the pod and saw for himself,

Altean?

ALTEAN!!?

Lance was dumbfounded.. Was he Altean? No.. he couldn't be. That seemed genuinely impossible. How?!

All these thoughts were running through his head, but everyone else?

Keith, Keith was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't the only Alien on the ship as a paladin of Voltron. Coran was delighted and shocked at the same time, he was wondering just how the young boy could be Altean. Hunk has known Lance since the first grade, so he was probably the most surprised, his mouth still not shut from the jaw dropping news.
Pidge was just above all confused.

Allura was ecstatic. One of her kind is still alive! But... it's Lance. Actually, she didn't care. She decided she was to learn to consider Lance as one of her people. It's funny, her father a long time ago said she had a sibling, one that he'd sent off to a safe planet because he was so little at the time of the war.

Then it snapped.

/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/•\•/\•/•\•/•\•/

The secrets out!! I hope you guys liked the chapter, sorry it was unusually short.

Words: 830
Uploaded in 2018, Edited in 2024