Chapter Eleven; Escape

Escape

"Mind if I train with you?" Lance asked, a little disappointed that the training room was occupied.

"Nah, I don't mind."

"Cool."

There was an obvious awkward tension between the boys as they trained. After a while they switched to hand to hand combat, something that used to be foreign but with the amount he's been training he's gotten a lot better, it wasn't a surprise to Lance when he knocked Keith over. What did surprise him was the fact he accidentally landed square on top of Keith. They stayed like that for a little bit too long before Lance stood and brushed off his pants before reaching out his hand and breaking the silence.

"Sorry Kogane, did I hurt you?" It felt a little weird using his last name, but he felt like it'd be better off for them if Lance distanced himself a little.

Keith hesitated before taking his hand and standing.
"No.. thank- um.. I'm gonna take a break." Keith said, quickly grabbing his jacket and running of somewhere.

"Start training sequence 10." He started training with a switchblade as a secondary weapon recently, just in case.

"Wow. I do really manage to push everyone away.." Lance sighed and kept training, still speaking out loud. "Who needs him anyway." -slice- "I bet he doesn't even—" -kick- "—really love me—" -slice- "—Why would he—" -kick- "—waste his love on some fucked up loser."

It was 3am from what the space clocks they programmed said, and Keith woke up to a loud thump.

"Ugh.. it's too early for this shit." Keith got up to see where the noise came from, the sounds let to the training room and he wandered in to find Lance was still training.

"Lance?"

"No, it's fucking Willie Nelson. Who else would it be?" Lance said rubbing his head after getting thrown to the ground right before Keith walked in, "End training sequence." Lance sighed.

"You'd like to end training level 73?" The room said. "Yes."

Keith looked at Lance in disbelief, "You're on training level 73??"

"Yes?"

"Wow. Why are you still up? You shouldn't be training this late."

"Sorry? I just couldn't sleep." Lance said not making eye contact.

"Hey, is there something up? You've been a little out of it after you left the pod." Keith asked.

Lance just looked at Keith and walked out of the training room. Not another word said.

Keith looked at the door that closed behind Lance, "Something is.. totally off."

After a while it was time for them to gather for breakfast and discuss plans.
Everyone sat and Lance was the first one there, then Coran, then Pidge and Hunk, and After Keith, Shiro and Allura. Lance barely ate, just pushing around the "food" on his plate.

"Lance are you oka-"

"I'm going to see Lotor." Lance interrupted, staring at his plate. Hunk dropped his spork, Pidge whipped her head to look at him in surprise, Shiro with disapproval, Coran looked at Allura and Allura looked about as angry as ever, but all she said was a simple,

"No you're not." And she scoffed.

"I've already decided."

"I'm the princess and I'm saying you're not leaving the castle unless I tell you, you can. It's simple, really."

"Princess of what??? Oh my god, give it up. You're not the Princess of anything," he said sourly with bite, "Our planet was destroyed, you only hold on to that title cause it's the only thing you have left."

Allura stood up from her chair, slamming her hands on the table startling everyone. "Which is exactly my quiznacking point, Lance! You've been missing from me for over 10,000 years, I'm not letting you just- just walk into the hand of the Galra. You're too reckless, you don't have the skill to survive out there without us! You are staying here and that's final!" She spat out.

"You're so fucking selfish! Stop acting like you have the authority to tell me what I can and cannot do. I'm leaving and THAT'S final!" Lance said storming off, his stomping quickly turning into a full on sprint towards his lion.

The entire team was calling for him and chasing after him. "Lance, wait, please!" Keith yelled. They were too late because he already was in his lion and was flying out. It took him a while to figure out where he wanted to go, then he figured he'd give Plaxum a visit. He typed the location into the control center on his Lions console.

"He already left!!" Keith said, out of breath.

"I believe we can track his lion, it seems he put in coordinates." Coran stated.

"We shouldn't waste any time!!"

"Why this place?" Pidge asked Coran.

"That's the mermaid planet! I bet he's there to see Plaxum." Hunk explained.

"Well then we need to contact her before he gets the chance."

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|
This was a short one.

Words: 810
Published 2018, Edited 2024