Episode 6 : Rebellion

(Previously on The Tainted Soccer)

When the dust finally settled, everyone had expected to see a wounded and battered captain that had been pushed back into the goal with a battered ball fallen near him.

But that's not what they saw.

Endou stood there the ball underneath his foot and both hands folded across his chest

Then it finally registered in their minds....he had stopped the ball. The shaken captain behind him had fallen to his knees from the impact and lack of strength. He looked up at the opposing captain with wide eyes in awe. Endou's hair once again shadowed his eyes.

"That's enough.....Haruto."

------------------------------(A/N - Back to the Flashback!)

Takeru's gaze would harden as he stared at Endou with a confused yet angry face.

"Captain...What are you doing?" The said forward would growl. 

Endou looked up at his teammate, his hair was no longer shielding his eyes. Sweat poured down from his head, it was as if he was struggling to just stand there.

Takeru and everyone in front of him gasped.

It was his eyes...they became...multicolored. One was its normal golden brown, while the other was glowing a bright red. It was as if that eye was on fire. His burning spirit.

The brunette merely glared before turning over his shoulder and offering a hand to the fallen captain of the other team.

The blonde looked up in confusion at the generosity, but took his hand and smiled, grateful.

Endou then did the unthinkable, he smiled. It may not have been his usual 'LET'S GO PLAY SOCCER!' type of smile, but it was still faint enough to be seen. The blonde's eyes would slightly widen, not expecting such an expression on his enemies face.

Endou whipped back around at his so-called 'comrade'.

"This is enough....we got enough points..we don't need to hurt them any longer!" Endou would yell at Takeru, it was as if he was struggling to speak now.

Takeru's fists would clench and shake at the amount of power that was being used.

"Y-You dare stop me?" Takeru stuttered, glaring at his captain.

" A captain is responsible for his team...I won't let you hurt them." Endou shouted as he swung his right arm in front of him to show he meant what he said. The red in his abnormal eye would waver. Takeru would step back. The confidence he had before while beating the other team was nearly gone. He didn't understand what was happening. Endou wasn't supposed to act like this.

"No..Why? Why didn't it work?" Despite Takeru whispering the words, Endou was able to pick them up, as he was close enough to hear.

"What are you talking about?" Endou questioned, clearly confused.

"This power...you think it came from nowhere?! I gave it to you. We gave it to you." Words would pour out of Takeru's mouth. He hand clenched his shirt right above his heart.

"You...You did this? What are you talking about? Who's we?" Endou's voice would become quieter. The young brunette wanted to continue, but...

It was then that the whistle rang. The Inazuma team begrudgingly went inside. The players were unsatisfied with their victory, which to Endou was disgusting.

-------Back to the Present

"Shortly after the day of that game...I left.." Endou ended, clasping his hands in front of him. It had seemed that he was hiding some other details.

"That's it? You just left? What about your team?" Kidou asked question after question.

"I-,"

 Endou's eyes would suddenly squeeze shut, his hand rushed to his head. 

"Endou?! Are you alright?!" Gouenji would call out, frightened by the sudden action.

Endou's breaths would calm down. It seemed the wave of pain had passed.

"I..I-I'm Fine...Just a headache." He struggled to say in between breaths.

The three worried soccer players looked at each other before nodding.

"We can talk about the rest later...It is pretty late. Let's get some sleep." Kazemaru commented. The others nodded agreeing with him.

------In ANOTHER place

There was not a single light in this room. Only the vague outlines of some lab equipment could be seen.

"So....you failed to retrieve him.." A sinister feminine voice would say. It was distorted, so no one would recognize it.

"Yes...however..." A young male voice responded in the abyss, you could faintly make out his outline. "You'll be happy to know that he has been repressing his phantom this entire time."

".....Yes. That is good news...After all...The longer you keep it away.....the stronger it becomes..." The female voice would giggle.  "And when is this....'soccer match'?"

"Two weeks...mistress.." He acknowledged.

"We don't have that long....," The female voice paused in thought, "I suppose we'll have to cheat a little then.....Force him to come to us...Make sure he doesn't have a choice..."

"Anything, mistress." The figure would turn away making his way to the exit before he was once again stopped by his boss. 

"And Takeru?"

"Yes, mistress?" The ravenette turned with his head bowed.

"Dont...fail...me.." Each word would drip with venom, making Takeru gulp.

"I-I will not." He then hurriedly left the room not being able to take any more of the threatening aura.

....

"It's almost time....once we have him. Everything will fall into place. And with his power...We'll easily take over this parallel universe." The dark feminine voice cackled.

"EVERYTHING. WILL. BE. MINE."

-------

Endou jolted awake in cold sweat. He shook his head and looked around in a daze. Seeing the sleeping faces of his friends around the room, he sighed and rubbed his tired face.

It was just a dream...

It was just a dream.....

Wasn't it?

-----------------------------------------CHAPTER 6 END

Hello!

Thank you for your patience in wait for this chapter. I had a lot going on in my home life. Hopefully, I'll be able to update somewhat regularly now.

I hope you liked this chapter. Let me know in the comments. I'll always respond to them!

Love

-CM

P.S. > We hit 100 views and 13 votes! I'm so happy! Thank you for your support! Please follow to know when this book gets updated! Also if I write more stories! I know you'll enjoy them....hopefully...

I'm way too pessimistic.