-chapter 3: the top 12: part 1-

Jennie’s Pov

“Introducing, the student that currently has the starting rank of 12, is--”

“Who is it? Who is it???” Lisa exclaims.

“Kim Ye Rim please come up the stage.” Yeri sighed in relief when her name got called.

Cheers from the audience can be heard as she gets up the stage.

“Nice job Ms. Yeri.” Ms. BoA says and Yeri only gave her a smile. “Your assigned house for this year is Opal.” She says as she pointed to the side.

“Moving on, we have our Top 11 and he is--”

Oh it’s a ‘he.’ I thought to myself

“Kim Taehyung come on up.” People started screaming like crazy, well more like girls started screaming like crazy.

I gotta admit though, he’s actually good looking.

“Mr. Taehyung, your assigned house this year is Turquoise.”

He walks over to stand beside Yeri and gave her a small smile.

“For our top 10 we have-”

Wait, why the heck is my name not yet called? This must be it right? No am I crazy? Why would I be in the Top 12?

“We have Jung Yoon Oh.”

Oh he’s goodlooking too.

I then looked over to Rosé and I swear I can definitely see a small smile tugging on her face.

Okay then, guess I gotta backout from this one.

“You know him?” I asked her unable to contain my curiousness.

She then looked over at me startled by my question. “Uhh... uhmm yeah we’re just friends.”

Me and Lisa looked at each other and gave a ‘yah sure you’re just friends’ face. Pshhh friends my face, I don’t think so gurly.

Girls are screaming so loud I think my eardrums are gonna explode anytime soon.

“Mr. Jaehyun your house for this year is Topaz.”

Jaehyun moved to the side and greeted Yeri and Taehyung before facing to the audience again.

Lisa and I looked at each other again, we were feeling nervous since from the start and now, I can’t even explain how I feel. Scared? I’m not really sure anymore.

“Oh this is interesting!” Ms. BoA exclaims

What’s interesting?

“She’s actually new here.”

Whispers can be heard from the students as Ms. BoA mentions this.

Me? I pointed at myself and looked at Lisa and Rosé.

“Ms. Lalisa Manoban has the starting rank of 9.”

What the actual--

Lisa looked astonished with what she heard.

“Anyone here with the name Lalisa Manoban?”

I pinched her arm because she couldn't believe what she heard.

“Hey Lisa! What are you waiting for, get up the stage now.” I heard Rosé speak as she was clapping and smiling at her.

Lisa stood up quickly and walked towards the stage with Yeri cheering for her.

As expected of Ms. Lalisa Manoban, she’s just amazing.

“Ms. Lalisa Manoban, you’re new here right?”

“Yes mam, I actually am.”

“Well, you’re quite amazing as I might say.” She tells her. “I hope you can maintain your ranking and your assigned house for this year is Pearl. Goodluck!”

Yeri approached Lisa with a smile as Lisa walks towards to the place where the other students who were part of the Top 12 were standing.

Lisa was smiling and waving like crazy and I just feel so happy for her.

“Now for the Top 8.”

Why isn't my name getting called yet?? Wooh ok breathe, breathe you got this Jennie Kim.

“Everyone put your hands up for Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul.”

Chitta what?

Pornkul what?

What the heck?

I don't think I’ll be able to say that.

Screams can now be heard in the auditorium once again. Can these girls shut up?

“Hey Rosè, what do you guys call him?”

“Oh that haha, we actually just call him Ten. It would be really hard on us if we call him by his real name.” Rosé said while laughing at my question.

“Mr. Ten your house for this year will be Aquamarine.”

“He got the same house as before.” Whispers like this can be heard all around. What does that mean?

“Rosé, you haven't been called yet right?”

“Yes and so are you.”

“Did they really forget about m-”

I got cut off by her “Sshhh”

“Our top 7 this time is--”

“It’s gotta be me, it’s gotta be me, it’s gotta be--”

“Calling Park Chaeyoung, please head up the stage.”

We both looked at each other and gave Rosé a wide smile as if saying ‘I’m proud of you’ to her.

She walked up the stage smiling happily as I can only watch my friends standing there up the stage.

“Ahhhh” I sighed feeling gloomy because the school even forgot to put my name on the list and call my name.

I deserve better smh

“Next up for our Top 6 we have--”

~ end of chapter 3: part 1 ~