Hide

I hide behind a mask. No one can tell how I feel or who I am.

I hide within my mom's shadow. That seems to be all people see me as, is my mother's daughter.

I hide behind my anger. It keeps me from dealing with things.

I hide within myself. I get too scared to let the real me out.

I hide my potential. I don't want to be marked as the nerd or the geek.

I hide in my past. I am afraid of my future, for it's too unknown to me.

I hide in the pain. I do not know if I could handle true happiness.

I hide in the loudness. I am a quiet girl, that no one takes notice of.

I hide in the stars. They remind of the hopes and dreams I once had, might have again.

I hide in the flames of fire. It helps me remember things I do not wish to forget.

I hide under the cool clear surface of water. It keeps me calm when everything around me is chaotic.

I hide in the chaos. I like to start chaos of my own.

I hide in the rain. No one can tell I am crying, through the raindrops.

I hide from the world. I do not want to be hated, and therefore do not want to be liked.

I hide from my foster families. I will only end up hurt.

I hide from within, from others, and even from myself. When all you ever know is to hide, when do you come out from the shadows?