Chapter 6

The hour before her free period, Maddie got a text from an unknown number. It read:

"In your free period, meet me at the gym."

Maddie rolled her eyes and replied:

"Why should I? What's in it for me?"

The person texted back a second later, saying:

"If you don't, your precious Proxy is gonna get it."

Maddie panicked and typed back:

"I'll be at the gym."

Meanwhile, Mia read the messages from Maddie and chuckled. "Witches. So easy to trick."

Five minutes later, the bell rang, and Mia went to the gym. Three people entered: Emma, Jax and Maddie.

"What's going on?" Jax asked. He stood in front of his girlfriend to protect her. Mia laughed.

"Oh, nothing important. Just taking you three down," she said. She did her signature move and made the three stick to the wall with cobwebs. Diego walked in.

"What's going on?" he asked. He looked at the three witches/wizard and then at Mia. "What are you doing?"

"Taking down the people who destroyed us, Diego. You're either with me or you're not!" She did her signature and looked at him questionably.

"Proxy! Help!" Maddie screamed. Diego looked at his girlfriend. "Mia, let them go," he said. "I'm not with you."

He did his signature and shot a fireball at Mia, who dodged it. He then shot a fireball between each person, to free them from the cobwebs.

"Diego! Why'd you do that?" Mia asked in anger. "They're not gonna hurt you Mia. We're all friends here. They haven't tried to hurt me yet," Diego told her.

"What do you mean 'Hurt Mia?'" Emma asked. She looked at Mia. "Mia, witches are done fighting kanays. None of us are the principal."

Mia instantly had a flashback. The former principal and Chosen One had destroyed her family. Mia was the last kanay of her family, and Diego was the only kanay in his family.

"Why should I believe you?" Mia said. "Witches destroyed my people." Emma looked at Mia. "I'm telling you, we're done fighting them. Maddie's dating one!" Mia looked at Diego and Maddie.

"You're right," Mia said. "I'm sorry." Emma, Maddie and Jax smiled at Mia. "It's okay," they all said. "Now, let's go enjoy the rest of free period," Maddie said.

She took Diego's hand, wrapped her other arm around Mia, and then said, "How would you like to be a Panther?" Mia looked at Maddie. "I would love that," she said.