Chapter 1

Maddie and Diego were at Maddie's house doing a puzzle.

"Ugh! This is so hard!" Maddie complained. "Proxy, can I please use my powers on this puzzle, please?" Diego chuckled at Maddie's request.

"Sorry Maddie, but I don't like cheating. And besides, when can we ever just sit back and not use our powers?" Diego asked her. Maddie shrugged. "Exactly. Which is why I don't want us to use our powers tonight." Maddie crossed her arms.

"Can I at least turn on the radio? Music helps me think." Diego smiled. "Sure, I don't mind. After all, it is your radio." Maddie clapped her hands and turned on the radio. An unfamiliar song came on, but they enjoyed it. Diego stood up and held his hand out to Maddie.

"May I have this dance?" he asked her. Maddie smiled. "Of course." The song wasn't a slow song, so that was good. They didn't like it to be awkward. (I do not own the song)

I'm playing hide and seek
Come on take a peek
I'm looking at your page
Won't you follow me?
Break the fantasy
With a status change
And on your feed
Let's show the whole world baby.

Maddie giggled as Diego twirled her around and around. Diego smiled as he watched his crush smile. It was funny, last year, they barely knew each other, and now they were attached at the hip, inseperable.

Keep on clicking through your memories
Yeah
We fit together like a puzzle piece
Hey
Be the topic off of your timeline
Babe
Don't be a tragedy
Just be mine

Diego and Maddie smiled at the irony that they were doing a puzzle and dancing to a song about fitting together like puzzle pieces. They then shrugged it off and continued to dance.

You've got me holding my breath
Got me tongue tied
I can't lie
I wanna be more than friends
It's like I'm losing my mind
On the sad lines
I can't lie
I wanna be more than friends
Oh oh
I wanna be more than friends
Oh oh oh
I wanna be more than friends
You've got me holding my breath
Got me tongue tied
I can't lie
I wanna be more than friends

Diego's heart melted at the sight of Maddie smiling. They were dancing horribly, but they both loved it. Then the song started to slow down a little bit.

You're my complicated
But baby don't underrate us
You set my heart in motion
So give me that magic moment

It was then that the two were face to face, and that's when they leaned in and kissed each other. When they pulled apart, Maddie ran out of her house.

"Wait Madd! This is your house!" Diego yelled after her, but she didn't listen. He sighed sadly and sat down on the couch, finishing the puzzle, and listening to a Taylor Swift song.