Death Note Fun Facts!!!

Light Yagami Facts

1. Did you know that the writer of Death Note, Tsugumi Ohba, considers Light to be a diabolical character?

2. Also, the artist of the manga, Takashi Obata felt that he became very good at drawing Light. But when when Light lost his memories, he had to "forget everything he learned."

3. Light is Ohba's second favorite human character despite the fact that he considers him to be evil. Light is also the character he feels is second closest to himself.

4. Obata had to look through fashion magazines to design Light's wardrobe because he didn't know how smart people dress.

L Facts

1. Ohba considered using the letters I and J instead of L's.

2. Both Ohba and Obata's favorite character is L. He is also apparently the most fun to draw. Ohba considers him to be the strongest character, and Obata likes him because of "everything".

3. Ohba essentially left the entire character design up to Obata.

Misa Facts

1. Misa was added partly because the writer wanted someone to have shinigami eyes and partly because they wanted a cute female character to go along with all the males.

2.Towards the beginning of the book her clothes and hair styles were based on the Gothic Lolita style, and a "foreign rock singer". But later in the series after L's death she was based more on Sophisticated actresses.

3. In the anime her eyes occasionally switch from blue to brown.

4. The idea for her character was originally "spontaneous and not too bright". This pretty much didn't change.

Near & Mello Facts

1. Near's real name is Nate River; the Nate part came from the English word natural, and River implied that his talent flowed from L, which made him L's natural successor. The pseudonym Near came the first two letters of Nate and the last two letters of River, then scrambled up.

2. Near and Mello were originally intended to be twins. They also considered making them the sons of L, but neither Ohba or Obata could picture L having sex.

3. Also, it was once intended that Mello's current character design would be Near, and vice versa. So basically Near would've been the red head wearing leather and Mello would've been the little albino kid in pajamas. This was accidentally switched at the last minute. They actually thought this was better since they felt Near was more evil than Mello.

4. According to Ohba, Near actually dislikes L and likes Mello. This is evident when he calls L a loser. Also when Near uses finger puppets of himself L and Mello, he made them himself. Obata says he purposely made L's puppet ugly because he does not like him. On the other hand, he worked hard on Mello's.

5. Obata says Near is the smartest because he cheats.

6. Ohba wanted Mello to be the one who defeats Light, but felt he had to kill him off instead because he had learned too much about the Death Note.

7. Mello wears leather solely because Obata enjoys drawing leather. After Mello got the scar Obata enjoyed drawing him very much and was sad when he learned he would die.

Matt Facts

1. Technically Matt's official hair color was brown and his eyes are blue. However the fans got it officially changed it to red and green.

2. Matt's character concept was a young man who likes gaming and doesn't care about the world.

Matsuda Facts

1. Ohba and Obata dislike Matsuda because they feel he is inconsistent.

Well that was the result of me looking through Fandom Wikia. :/

Forgive the typos. Also my stupid phone's autocorrect kept getting confused and changing Ohba to Obata and vice verca so sorry if they're switched in some places.