Healing [1]

Hello friends!! It's been a long time. I've been having trouble getting inspiration and when I do get some I haven't really liked what I've written. But recently I fell back down the Legend of Korra rabbit hole. I've been rewatching the episodes and got a bit of inspiration from there, so this is pretty much a LOK AU. Hope you guys enjoy it! Let me know what you think :)

The searing pain in his back slowly dissipated as you bent the cool water along his wound. Vanitas seemed to sink deeper into your couch, snuggling his head on the head rest and tucking his uninjured arm underneath his torso. The chaos and fatigue of the day drifting away from his mind to be replaced with peacefulness and relaxation.

Your mood had been moving in the completely opposite direction. You focused most of your energy into healing Vanitas, ensuring the chi pathways of his body would speed up his healing process. But seeing the condition he was in when you opened your apartment door terrified you. A sprained wrist and a large open wound on his back only added to the long list of injuries he'd accumulated, all of which you'd healed.

You cared about Vanitas, more than you'd cared about anyone before. Your concern for him and his safety only led to an increase in disdain for his work with the Agni Kais. You knew he had his reasons, but that was no longer enough for you.

The wound on his back was healed and you rolled his shirt back down, all that was left was his wrist.

"Okay, sit up for me," you said softly.

Vanitas had almost been lulled to sleep by the soothing actions of your healing but quickly rose into a sitting position. You began bending the water around his wrist, focusing all attention there.

Vanitas looked up at you hoping to catch your eye, but you never looked towards his face. The sharp pain in his wrist slow diminished to a dull throb and eventually subsided completely.

"I feel good as new," Vanitas said, leaning backwards into the couch and twisting his wrist around. He leaned forward once again standing onto his feet and grabbing your wrist as you turned to walk away.

"You're amazing, you know?" Vanitas said, placing both your hands around his neck as he wrapped his around your waist to pull you closer.

You scanned his face, there were no longer any signs of injury. No small cuts or scrapes as he wore his usual smirk. His golden eyes searched yours as you gave him a weak smile of your own, trying your best to hide your troubled emotions.

Vanitas leaned down towards your lips, softly pressing his against yours. For a few moments you eased into his embrace clinging to him as the kisses became deeper and more fervent. You easily gave in, previous memories spurring you forward. Memories of similar moments spent in his embrace, of long nights and loving mornings together flickered across your brain.

Vanitas had maneuvered the both of you so he could lower you onto the couch. Your back met the couch and he untangled himself briefly to pull his shirt over his head. As his lips met yours once again your hands began to roam his back to his shoulder blades. Your previous feelings of love and desire were soon replaced with fear, anger, and frustration. The thoughts that plagued you on the nights you didn't hear a knock on your door at the usual time. The thoughts you had to push aside every time he came in bruised and battered because you knew it'd only lead to an argument.

You couldn't do this anymore.

You pulled away from Vanitas, pressing your hands against his chest.

"Stop," you whispered softly, trying to keep your composure.

Vanitas sat up quickly, you could feel his concerned gaze on you but you squeezed your eyes closed as you sat next to him.