Familiar [1]

Hey guys!! So this idea just popped into my head and I had to get it out as soon as I could. Maybe not the best idea during finals xD But I know this is pretty short and I plan on the chapters in this little series being short. I'm not sure how long this series will be but I do actually have a vision for it so we'll see. Let me know what you think!! :)

It was only the second day of the school year and you already found yourself more focused on the sky outside the window. A seat in the back probably wasn't the best idea for you, but you had no say in that. Not that you were a slacker by any means, you were at the top of most of your classes. That was definitely something your parents were proud of.

But, lately things felt different. You weren't sure what it was but something in your gut just wouldn't settle. You couldn't shake the feeling that something was off and as hard as you tried to figure it out you came up with nothing. Maybe it was just the fact that summer break had ended. You sighed to yourself, putting more weight on the hand that was holding up your chin.

Out of the corner of your eye something in the front of the class room caught your attention. You turned your eyes in that direction to see a boy standing at the front of the room, a backpack casually swung over his shoulder and piece of paper in hand. You raised your eyebrows slightly at his interesting hair style pondering how it was even possible.

"Ah! Hello! You must be..." you drowned out what the teacher had began to say as you turned your focus back to the window.

That feeling began to gnaw at you again but you did your best to brush it aside. That boy must be a new student. You found it odd that a new student was joining on the second day of the year, why not just show up on the first? Your thoughts shifted back to your summer break, wishing you could just go back to how things were then. Now that you thought back to it, you felt like something was missing. You didn't remember feeling like that at the time.

"Looks like I'll be following you around all day," a voice broke you out of your cyclical thoughts.

You turned to see that the new guy had been put in the seat next to yours. He'd been examining your schedule that you'd put on the right corner of your desk. It was only the second day, so no one really had their schedule memorized yet.

"We have the exact same schedule," he continued as he set your schedule down, "I'm Vanitas, by the way. Noticed you were a bit busy when I got here," he smirked at you as his eyes met yours, "If I were next to the window I'd do the same."

When his golden eyes met yours, you held your breath. There was something unusually familiar about them.

"Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N)," you replied, a bit shakily, clearing your throat.

"(Y/N)," he said slowly as his lips curled up again, "Hope you're ready to be stuck with me."

Even the way he said your name gave you deja vu. You just smiled back at him as he faced forward, opening his notebook.

You turned your gaze back to the window but you weren't really focused on anything outside. A tingle like sensation had taken over you and the gnawing feeling had returned. You couldn't help but wonder why Vanitas seemed so familiar to you.

You closer you eyes, took a deep breath, and let out a sigh as you reached for your own notebook. You were probably just tired, getting back into the groove was always tough. You'd probably feel better in the next few days.

However, as the class went on, you failed to notice Vanitas's tender gaze flickering to you.