Familiar [3]

Hello there everyone!! :) Hope you're enjoying the story so far. I know not much has really happened yet, or been revealed. Things are kind of slow in this series when it comes to the plot but I hope to get it moving soon! Hope you like this little chapter (although I know it just raises more questions). Let me know what you think!! <3

Your entire body was shaking as you panted heavily, trying your best to stay silent. Closing your eyes you willed yourself to calm down, telling yourself you were strong enough. But nothing seemed to help you.

Your breathing became a mixture of panting and hyperventilating and the tremors you felt through your body only continued to worsen. Sheer panic had overtaken you and your anxiety filled mind was the only thing keeping you going. Making it so that you were always thinking of your next step, your next spell, your next attack.

But a voice in the back your mind only served to remind you it was futile. There was no way for you to come out of this. Your own destiny was pretty much against you. But as you pushed yourself up from off the ground and made your way to another hiding place, you knew you weren't going to give up. If you were going down, you'd go down fighting.

Her evil laugh echoed out, a feeling of dread overcame you.

"Why don't you just give up already, (Y/N)? You know how this is going to end. How it is meant to end."

"I'm not giving up," you shouted over your shoulder as you continued moving positions, "I can still fight you!"

"Foolish girl," she continued to speak, "There is nothing you can do to stop me."

The laughter echoed much closer to you than before. You frantically looked around, bracing yourself for any attack. You heard a swooshing sound behind you and quickly turned around only to come face to face with the source of that laughter. You saw the silhouette of the woman, her cloak and her horns, along with her wicked smile.

You woke up in a cold sweat, your heartbeat racing and your breaths shallow. You quickly sat up, holding your head in your hands. This dream had been recurring for the past few weeks, ever since the first week of the school year. You had no idea why and even the content of the dream made no sense to you. You had no idea who that woman was or who you were supposed to be.

Shaking your head you reached for your water bottle on the table next to your bed. The few sips of water you took calmed you down slightly. As you set the water bottle back on the table you glanced at the clock. The block shaped numbers read 3:30 am.

You plopped back down onto your back, slowly reaching for your phone on the table. You clicked it on, squinting at the brightness as your eyes took their time to adjust. You saw one instagram notification of a follow request and swiped it to unlock your phone.

Once the app opened up you realized the username belonged to Vanitas. You smiled to yourself as you approved his request and sent him one back. You locked your phone and set it back on the table. Rolling over on your side you sighed to yourself, hoping you'd at least get some decent amount of sleep tonight. You closed your eyes, fighting away the confused thoughts as you drifted off once again.