37- Watchers Astray

BUFFY'S POV

Willow arrived with the whole gang and performed the spell on everyone; Anya had been released out of the hospital a few hours before and was told to take things easy. I felt bad for the tension I was causing in the room due to Giles being here, but I just couldn't help it. I know it wasn't actually him who locked Spike away but it still hurt. No one else in the gang had any spells on them, beside Giles' from Angelus that Willow fixed, he was now his normal self again and I could tell he felt awful for what he had done. He kept trying to apologise to me but I just didn't want to hear it.

I went off into the kitchen to make coffee and Willow followed me, she kept trying to convince me to forgive Giles, she said I should look at it from his perspective and how everyone forgave her when she was under Angelus' control. I do admit we were quick to forgive and understand what Willow went through, and I understand Giles had no control over what was happening, it just hurt so much because I know Giles doesn't love Spike, and I've always thought he secretly hates him and have always wondered if he was capable of staking Spike. I always dismissed these thoughts though because I knew Giles' respected me enough to deal with the fact that I am dating a vampire.

I decided I should forgive Giles, Willow and I carried the coffee out into the lounge room and just as I was about to talk Jessica busted through the door with her watcher closely behind her.

'Oh you're all here, hey' she mumbled letting her watcher walk past her while she shut the door

'Hi' I replied confused as she was carrying his bags, he was certainly not staying here where he could easily stake my vampire boyfriend in his sleep.

'This is Mr. Braxton my watcher' she said smiling 'is it alright if he stays here tonight?' I could see her eyes gleaming with hope but I just couldn't do it

'Well actually we kind of don't have any room' Spike said from the lounge

I could see Mr. Braxton eyeing Spike, I was so glad Spike said what I had wanted to say.

'I believe Jessica was asking Buffy, was she not?' Mr. Braxton replied, Spike stood up from the lounge and walked over to him, clearly towering over him.

'Well this is my house too' he replied looking at me, I smiled at him.

'He's right actually' I said walking over and looping my arm with Spike's 'we don't have enough room'

'I've heard a lot about you Buffy' he started 'you've been called the best slayer in history, it's a shame you have an evil side'

'An evil side?' I retorted 'if you're referring to my relationships with vampires, then maybe you should rethink how you see love, because you can't help who you fall in love with'

'Hm, yes okay, love, I see' he replied eyeing me off

Giles stood up behind me 'you have no right to walk into Buffy's house and criticise her relationship!' he yelled

I immediately felt so grateful to have him on my side and couldn't imagine how I had been so mad at him.

Mr. Braxton turned and left, none of us had any clue where he was going but Jessica quickly turned and followed him.

'Giles I'm so sorry about everything' I gushed 'I know none of it was your fault'

'It's alright Buffy' he smiled weakly.