11- The Rise

BUFFY'S POV

Outside we all stood of the crypt where Drusilla had drained nearly all of my blood. Surely she could tell that there were 8 people standing outside trying to look in. 

'There she is' Willow stated pointing through one of the dusty windows

'It looks like she is performing a ritual' Tara informed us

My heart stopped, I imediately turned around and sprinted in the other direction

'Buffy where are you going?!' Spike yelled and in a second caught up with me.

He followed me into the crypt where we had buried Angelus' ashes and I was shocked to see they were gone.

'She's going to bring him back!' I cried

Spike went over to where the ashes were buried and investigated.

'There was no headstone or anything how could she have known?' Spike questioned

'I thought she was psychic or something?' I responded

'I don't really know, she's crazy that is what I do know'

We went back to the others, they were still watching Drusilla carefully.

'His ashes are gone' I told them 'the ritual is to bring him back' 

'Buffy I don't even know if Drusilla is powerful enough to do that, that type of magic is difficult' Willow explained

'Well I think she's going to try'

'I guess that's why she needed your blood' Tara thought out loud, 'I mean blood of a slayer, ashes of a vampire, what else more does she need?'

'Surely that can't be it...' Willow wondered 'hang on I'll be back' 

Willow raced off back home, while the rest of us stayed and watched Drusilla.

'Well why don't we charge inside and kill her?' Jessica asked

'She'd just get away' Giles explained

'Why are you all being like this? I could go in right now and kill her? Do you want her to bring this vampire guy back or something?' Jessica replied growing frustrated

'No of course not' I replied but my legs seemed stuck unable to move, unable to stop Drusilla. 

Jessica stormed off in a fit of range, I don't know where she went or who she was staying with, but my legs did not allow me to follow.

'Here!' Willow called showing Giles the book she was holding in her left hand 'I thought I had once read something about this type of ritual'

Tara peered over Giles' shoulder 'hm yeah it does look familiar' 

'Ah here, see it can't be possible. She needs the blood of Angelus' sire, Darla is dead' Giles informed

'Thank god' Spike said looking relieved

'Yeah' I agreed, 'thank god'  

But as we watched on, it could be seen that Drusilla poured in the ashes, my blood, some more blood and then finally she drew a knife and cut her own wrist letting the blood pour in. She started chanting and orange smoke began to rise in the cauldron she put it in.

'I counted more blood than just Buffy's' Xander exclaimed 

'Maybe she had Darla's' Anya suggested 'and then she needed to use her own, maybe because Angelus sired her' 

'Guys' I mumbled 'I can't move'

'What are you talking about?' Spike asked trying to move closer but found himself stuck to the ground

'This was the plan' Willow yelled 'to get us here, to watch, to get us stuck!' 

'Can you undo it?' I asked Willow and Tara 

They looked at each other and began to chant something in another language, why is no magic ever done in English?

The smoke began to fade inside the crypt, Drusilla could be heard screaming as Angelus stepped out of the cauldron.