IV ; dementors

chapter four.
( dementors )

* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦* ˚ ✦

IT WAS SEPTEMBER 1ST, THE FIRST DAY BACK TO HOGWARTS. Despite having a loving home with the Diggory's, Eleanor loved being at Hogwarts. It was place she felt like she could be herself, a place she was able to become a great witch.

Amos and Beatrice Diggory hugged their children goodbye, Beatrice doing her usual hovering as she tried to make sure they both didn't forget anything "Oh you both are getting so big" she cried

Amos patted his wife back comfortingly "We will be alright mum, I'll be watching over El and make sure we both write every weekend" Cedric said

"Yes of course mum and dad, I will make sure we both write, Cedric is bound to forget due to him now being a prefect and Quidditch captain" Eleanor sneakily looked over to her brother

The train hooted giving the signal "Oh you two must be off, hugs and then you can go" Beatrice said patting her eyes with a handkerchief

Eleanor had managed to board the train and made her way through the compartments.

As usual she sat with Alfie, Cassidy and Tristin. No one dared visit their compartment, not even their Slytherin housemates.

It didn't bother them at all, they had each other and that's what mattered most. They have spoken about classes and Quidditch. 3 out of the 4 played Quidditch, Cassidy stayed on the sidelines cheering them on.

Tristin played Keeper and Alfie played as a beater. Eleanor of course was a chaser.

The rain thickened as the train sped on the tracks, shortly it became too dark that the lanterns above them began to lit.

Slowly the train began to slow and then at a complete stop "We can't be there yet, we are still too early" Tristin said frowning at his watch and opened the compartment door, Eleanor curious as well stuck her head out seeing others were very confused.

The train came to a complete stop, and there was a sudden jolt as there was a distant thuds and bangs, Eleanor jumped back almost falling over but lucky for her Cassidy was behind her and caught her.

"The luggage must have fallen out of the tracks" Cassidy said at the noise, without warning the lamps went out, Eleanor could hear the distant hollers.

"There's something out there, moving on the train" Alfie said as he cautiously looked out the glass windows

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Tristin asked as he saw the ghost of his breath, it was like it the temperature dropped dramatically.

Eleanor covered her bare arms obviously shivering.

Alfie stepped back suddenly as he stared through the door and saw the black cloaked figure that moved through the train, his arms getting in front of his friends protectively.

"Did you see that?" he whispered in horror

"Dementors" Eleanor whispered knowing it exactly what moved beyond the door, "Dementors? for what?"

"Looking for Sirius Black most likely" Cassidy answered, there was a sudden scream, a bright light appeared and it was gone.

The lights turned back on and the train began moving once again, "This is going to be a hell of a year isn't it?" Cassidy asked, it was the first time Eleanor had even seen a nervous expression on her face