Epilogue

Chapter 30 - Epilogue

Someone is knocking on my apartment door and I’m not so sure I want to answer it.

It’s my first day back into my old apartment. Ace wouldn’t let any of us leave Chelsea’s house until we were in tip-top shape. I mean, Piers was completely fine with that. On the other hand, I was not. I just wanted to get home and that meant I was stuck there for four months until the cast came off of my leg. Piers’s arm was broken, in fact, so he had a cast too. Lexi had a bad bruised eye and a couple of broken fingers and toes, but other than that, she was alright. Ace, of course, came out with the least damage out of all of us.

So now, cast-free, I’m home, and there’s someone knocking on my apartment door two hours later. I hide a gun behind my back and walk over to the door, taking a deep breath. Who knows how many angry vampires are coming after me because I stopped their leader. I just want a vacation, dammit, I don’t want angry pissy vampires coming after me. When that cue didn’t go out, the vampires didn’t know what was going on, so they tried to find the Vinges. 

They were pissed and confused when they got to the radio station and found everyone dead and we were gone. They didn’t know who did it, so now, I guess they’re trying to track us all down. But we left no proof or evidence that we were there, so hopefully, nothing will happen to us.

When I open the door, I’m taken aback at the grinning brown-haired male that has no fangs whatsoever. “Hey.”

I blink, slowly putting the gun in my pants so he doesn’t see. “Um, hey.”

“I’m Jordan, your neighbor,” He points to the floor below us, “You’ve had mail and stuff come, but no one was there to pick it up for a really long time…and then I saw you outside, and I remembered you lived here…so I’ve been getting your mail for you…they were just leaving it outside your door…so here…”

He retrieves a huge hump of mail that has a rubber band tied over it. I take it from him, smiling. “Oh yeah, thanks. I’ve been staying with a, um, friend, she was really sick, so I had to take care of her…”

“Oh, yeah, I thought you died or something,” He laughs nervously, swiping at his bangs. “well, uh…I’m glad you’re back…”

I nod, feeling slightly awkward. “Yeah, me too.”

“You know,” He takes in a breath, “if you ever want to go get some coffee or something, I’m here…”

Oh my god. He’s asking me out. I don’t even know him and he’s trying to get with me. My first day back and this has got to happen, right? “Um….well -- ”

And then an arm slings over my shoulders from behind me. I jump, completely freaked out because I didn’t know anyone was in my house besides me. “No, she’s all caffeinated for today. And tomorrow. And the day after that. Pretty much forever.” And then the door is slammed, leaving poor Jordan outside.

I turn to Ace, who doesn’t look so happy about the idea of me having coffee with my neighbor. “How the hell did you get in here? You’re late. You were suppose to be here an hour ago.”