The Biting Escape

Chapter 18

“Where are we going?” I ask once I’m in the car. My hands are in handcuffs and I’m sitting next to Mira. On the other side of me is the new girl, Claire. Graham is driving and there’s no one in the passenger seat. Lex and Amelia are either in another car or still in the house. I really hope it’s not the latter. 

I’m just relieved that Ace is fine. He’s safe, and at the safe house, where no one can hurt him. He’ll probably be extremely upset with me, but I couldn’t let them take him. He’s way more important than I am. Graham will find this out soon, and I don’t know what will happen. They probably needed Ace to test his blood, or maybe force him to join their side. I dunno, but whatever it is, it can’t be good.

We should’ve killed them when we had the chance. It was possible; but it wasn’t the right time. We don’t know if there’s already more of them. If there was a new vampire that joined them, the girl Claire, who knows how many more there could be. Besides, if we killed one of theirs, they would most definitely kill one of ours.

Mira snorts. “You really think we’re going to tell you?”

I sit back, biting my tongue. Instead, I watch the roads. If they won’t tell me, I’ll figure it out myself. We’re on a highway now, so we must be going somewhere far. I watch the passing roads; we’re leaving Brille. 

“Blindfold her,” Mira snaps suddenly. “She’s watching the roads.”

Claire passes her a black cloth. I grit my teeth. Thanks a lot, Mira, you asshole. “Once I’m out of these handcuffs, you’re going to be the first one I fuck up.”

Graham hisses at me. “Be quiet.”

“You’re next, you fucker! I can’t wait to have your blood on my fucking hands, and watch the light die from your fucking eyes - ”

“Shut her up.”

“How?”

“Dunno, knock her out.”

Claire snorts. “My pleasure.”

I hear Claire crack her knuckles and I know what’s coming next. A clean punch to my face and I’m out like a light.

___________________________________

When I wake up, my face is throbbing. I bring my hands to my face and realize they’re still in handcuffs. I sit up, glad the blindfold is off. I’m on a cold floor; it’s dirty as can be, with stains of God knows what all over. There’s a tiny window in the far corner, way up high. I must be underground. There’s black bars on the window, so I couldn’t get out even if I tried.

I stand up, my back sore from laying on the ground. Who knows how long I’ve been out for. I’m in an old prison cell; the bars are old and rusty. It’s a big room. I can’t slip through the bars, they’re spaced together too tightly. I peer through the bars to get a look of everything. There’s more cells everywhere; but they’re empty. There’s a door straight ahead, slightly to the right. Through the door window I can see inside, there’s stairs.