Chapter TwentyFivePointFive

Not much of a big fan of battle scenes... So sorry if I made you wait too long for a boring chapter! :(

Chapter 25.5

Rylan Sauron

He’s using Shamans,” I stated, looking over some of their faces pale. Alpha Shaw stepped up, looking over my face for any sign of amusement.

“This is what I feared the most. Since Baine’s daughter has mated with you, he no longer has control over the magiks. Only your mate has,” Alpha Shaw mumbled as the other Alphas huddled around us, listening to him. He has always been one of the most educated Alphas out there. “Shamans…They were long gone. The Hunters- humans and werewolves who passed as humans- sought them out. They made sure to get rid of every single one.”

“Then what is this nonsense, Alpha Rylan?” Alpha Jacoby piped in, sending me a look of disbelief and anxiety. He has never been for war. He was blessed with the Alpha Blood, but not the strength, courage and wisdom that came along with it.

“It’s not nonsense at all,” Alpha Shaw continued. “They managed to hide themselves among other humans… These Shamans that you speak of are the ones the Hunters should’ve gone after. They can mess with our minds. That’s how they managed to survive. It has been more difficult to deceive werewolves, because of our heightened senses. However, they managed to amplify their powers and learned how to deceive our wolves.”

“How can that be? Wouldn’t our wolves know that we are being deceived? This is unbelievable! Shamans were healers! They were only good for healing the wounded and giving peace to the spirits, weren’t they? Now you’re telling me they’re mind controlling deceivers? Weren’t they a bunch of pacifists too? The history books-“ Alpha Jacoby was cut off by Alphas Shaw’s growl.

“Are full of bullshit! They cover the most controversial parts and stitch up a bunch of lies to trick us all! Shamans were peaceful, up until the hunters started killing them off.”

A warm feeling spread over my body as I succumbed to darkness. I tried to move, but I was motionless. I watched as Alpha Shaw looked at me with bulging eyes. “You have a great knowledge about the real history of these Shamans. Let me add something to that tale of yours,” the damn demon took control of my body again!

I’m hurt,’ he chuckled lightly. ‘How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not a demon?’

“Demon! What is your business here?”

“There it goes again! The name is Zandros,” at the sound of his name, everyone paled.

“The half wolf, half magik?” Alpha Shaw murmured, looking at me with wide eyes.

“The one and only. I can sense my brother’s presence, meaning Baine is near. Let’s make this history lesson short and simple, shall we? These Shamans you are dealing with have gone to great lengths to survive. The humans were never really much of a match against the Shamans. It was actually the werewolves who sniffed them out and guided the humans to their locations,” he chuckled lightly as I tried to contact my wolf. I needed to take back control of my body! “They knew they needed to take control of their wolves. Without their wolves, the werewolves were practically just… Humans too. They turned to dark magic. And well, you know the rest.”

“Just like you and your brother?” Alpha Marius piped in. My head shifted towards his direction as I felt Zandros scrutinizing him.

“Yes, but these Shamans are not on the verge of becoming full demons like my brother and I are. They did not abuse the dark magic as much as my brother and I have,” and with that, I felt the control of my body shift back to me. “Now that you’ve heard what he had to say, let’s prepare for this battle.”