Chapter TwentyFive

Chapter 25

Jake Firenze

“The trackers have not found anything yet, sir,” one tracker reported before glancing at me uneasily.

“Damn it! I don’t care. I’m not giving up on finding my mate,” I pulled at my hair frustratingly as her beautiful face clouded my mind. I wish I hadn’t made that blood promise to Rylan. I wish I was there to love her and protect her like a true mate should. I wish it was my child she was carrying. I wish she was still here… It’s my damn fault! I shouldn’t have taken her out. I shoudn’t have-

“The Baines are moving into the territory. We have informed Alpha Sauron and he is currently holding a meeting-“

“What are you waiting for?” I snarled, opening my eyes. “Let’s go to this meeting!”

“You’ve made it,” Nicolai glanced at me before looking back at Rylan, who was forming strategies with the other Alphas. Rylan has given back control and full leadership to the rightful Alphas. In return, they pledged their loyalty and alliance to us in this fight with Baine’s pack.

“Baine is not as strong as he used to be,” Rylan stated, looking over a map.

“They are moving quickly and appear to be surrounding us, Alpha,” one patrol wolf piped in, earning many disapproving grunts and growls from the Alphas.

“Well, we just have to outsmart him, don’t we? We will be surrounding them also. Camouflage is a very important factor in this tactic. Five Alphas will be leading a team of fifty wolves to run as far as you can into the woods.”

“Disperse? What will happen to the remaining Alphas?” Alpha Shaw inquired.

“We will be using the art of deception, my dear friend,” Rylan chuckled before going over the rest of his plan. “The remainder of us will stay back and wait for Baine to move in. The rest will be surrounding Baine’s army of wolves. It’s sort of like reverse psychology. He’s going to ambush us, but will be surprised once he learns that we are the ones ambushing him. I need about thirty wolves to move into Baine’s territory and salvage his prisoners and those willing to come back to their packs. As for those who are going to ambush Baine’s warriors, I will send out a patrol wolf to oversee everything. You will need to learn just how far they are and where to go. Also, you will need to rely on your senses. I do not want anyone running into one of his wolves and ruining our plans. Barriers to the mind links should stay down.”

“Let’s get a move on,” Alpha Shaw ordered, his deep voice making some of the other Betas cringe. “My pack has gotten their Alpha back, all they need now is their Luna.”

A chorus of cheers and agreements broke out of the other Alphas. Baine has taken many of their Lunas hostage and working for his whore house. I’ve always wondered how that bastard has managed to stay on top and in power over the past few years. It’s not a surprise that many of these Alphas and high ranking Betas joined us in the fight against him. He was a sick bastard.

“How about the pack house?” Nicolai questioned, making all of the cheers die down.

“I am leaving the safety of our pack members to the Betas and a couple of guard wolves of their choosing. We must hurry and put the plan into action. I would say fight fairly, but this is Baine. Be careful and may the spirits favor us all!” I drowned him out as a longing feeling tugged at my heart. Where was my Ella now? Was she safe? Was she-

“You need to stop thinking about her and start heading back to the Sauron pack house, brother.” Nicolai patted my shoulder lightly. “The pack members need you now more than ever.”