Epilogue

**** UPDATE MESSAGE FROM SEPT 2020: THE CHASE, which is the spin off of this story, will be written and posted later. I DONT have a definite time yet. Sorry!!!!!

Epilogue

A couple of months later...

Jake Firenze

Arabella and Rylan's visits to the other packs have strengthened our ties with them immensely. Now that there is more peace between the packs, we have finally been able to focus more on fixing the damages caused by the war.

I have also been able to grow closer with David, after promising a couple of times that I wouldn't hurt his new mother. Ella and I had a difficult time trying to start anew, with her fears and insecurities and my domineering wolf always wanting things to go his way. I know that nothing I did would make it up to her, which is why I have promised to devote my life to making her and our children happy and earning her trust and love.

I had been fortunate enough to be blessed with a forgiving and loving mate, who accepted me and forgave me not even a month after the end of the war. I have always discovered that being a father is almost as fulfilling and wonderful as being a mate. I became very protective of both Scarlett and David, especially our little girl who was constantly adored by the Sauron twins.

Rylan and Arabella had almost the same situation as us, but they chose to become bonded for life after their two month long trip to the other packs. Everyone knew that it wouldn't have taken them that long to visit all the other packs, but nobody bothered questioning them. And it was practically implied that there were also other reasons for their 'trip,' other than visiting the packs.

"Any sign of him yet?" I asked anxiously, as my eyes scanned the field. Rylan patter my shoulder lightly.

"I'm afraid he's not here yet. I know how much it'd mean to you for him to stand here with you, but you've got to understand that Nicolai's wolf is set to find his mate. I don't think he's return until he finds her. Hell, I know I wouldn't," he whispered as the other guests left to give us a bit of privacy. "What you should focus on now is that lovely woman, who is willing to spend her whole life with you. I'll be your best man, if you'd like."

My wolf's disappointment and anger toward my brother disappeared as Rylan talked some sense into me. He's right. This is both Ella and I's wedding day. I shouldn't focus on anything else but my bride to be.

"Everything is all set," Arabella made her way to us, in a nice blue gown. She was followed by the pack members and some special guests. "Places everyone!"

Never have I ever been so nervous and excited in my whole life. Over the past few months, I spent time with my mate. Despite the strong attraction between our wolves, I managed to rein mine in and take the relationship slow. Over those months, I also fell deeply in love with our beautiful children- David and Scarlett. A proud grin slowly appeared on my face as I watched our ring bearer make his way to us.

"Momma looks like a queen," he whispered, before stepping beside Rylan.

"I'm sure she does," I whispered as my heart nearly gave out at the sight of my beautiful bride. No, beautiful wouldn't be the right word to describe her. She looks more like a damn goddess. In that exact moment, I thanked the Spirits for blessing me with such a wonderful and gorgeous mate. She was everything I could ever want.

"Take care of her son," Jackie whispered, handing her daughter over to me.

"I will," I promised, kissing her cheek and taking Ella's hand.

An elder wolf cleared his throat, signaling the start of the ceremony. "We are gathered here today to witness these two destined wolves profess their love, faith and acceptance of their bond. Do you, Jake Firenze, agree to love, cherish and be faithful to your mate from now till death do you part?"