chapter 21: Saved by the Lies

Chapter 21

SAVED BY THE LIES

"Are you okay, Temple? For God's sake! Kanina pa ako salita nang salita rito, but you are not even listening."

Fashia's nonstop talking used to annoy me a lot, but this time, I just didn't want to pay attention. I didn't even hear the entire thing she said. I didn't even feel na kasama ko sila ni Heina. Maging ang ingay ng mga estudyante sa cafeteria ay halos hindi ko naririnig. Pakiramdam ko'y mag-isa lamang ako.

"Temple—"

"Stop it, Fashia. She's not in good mood," Heina interrupted.

"She's not okay. Are you not even worried? I mean she's our friend, right? It's our job to lessen our friend's problem."

"Jesus Christ! You talk too much. You're calling Temple your friend, pero hindi mo pa rin alam ang ugali niya hanggang ngayon. She'd talk if she wants to. Just shut up, okay?"

"But—"

"Fashia!"

"Okay, fine,"

Hindi ko sila pinansin. Alam kong nag-aalala sila sa akin, pero wala akong balak na sabihin sa kanila kung ano ang nangyari at kung ano ang gumugulo sa isip ko. Isa pa'y hindi rin naman nila maiintindihan ang sitwasyon ko.

Wala sa loob na ibinaling ko sa labas ng cafeteria ang paningin ko na sa huli'y pinagsisihan ko dahil eksaktong nasa labas ang magaling kong ina.

Sa ngayon ay ayoko sana siyang makita, which was impossible because we were staying in the same place, playing the same game. Hindi ko matanggap na pinaglaruan nila ako, na pinaikot nila ako sa laro nila. Nasaktan ako nang sobra sa mga nalaman ko at hindi ko iyon kayang tanggapin nang ganoon kabilis. Three days would never be enough to accept everything.

As if she felt that someone was watching her, she turned around. My heart skipped hard when our eyes met. She didn't show any reaction. She just looked away.

That hurt me more. I deserved an apology from her, but on the other hand, sorry would never be enough. The damage was already done. The damage already ruined everything and it would never be fixed again no matter how hard both of us try to.

"Wait," Fashia said. "Are you hearing the gossip they spreading around? About the Legendary Queen? They said she's still alive."

I flinched hard, enough to spill the water beside me. Fashia hurriedly grabbed the glass and put it away.

"Jesus! Temple, are you sick?" Then she ignored me and faced Heina. "Narinig ko, may posibilidad na bumalik sa Rapsodhee High ang Legendary Queen. Is it na true na isang palatandaan lang ang makapagsasabi kung sino talaga ang s'ya? They said she has those red eyes, which is so cool. I want to meet her kung talagang buhay s'ya."

Heina glanced at me. She was bothered and I wasn't stupid. I knew she knew something.

She said, "If the Legendary Queen is alive, it means she is up to something very important... or lethal. She's been hiding for many years. Her sudden appearance... it is scary."

"Scary?"

"Hindi mo ba naisip? Kingsville Academy gave us a warning. Days after that, they started to spread gossip about the Legendary Queen's comeback. That won't be just a coincidence, isn't it? Something is about to happen and it will never be good."