Trust me or not

A/N: A big thanks to all who have commented and read this story. I won't keep you in suspense for much longer. ;)

Enjoy!

----

Christina awoke early on Friday. She had packed her bag the night before, packing all of her clothes, a brush and her makeup bag. Excitement filled her as she crept out her room, bag slung over her shoulder. She set her bag down by the kitchen table before making her way to Daniel's room.

When Christina opened the door she slowly made her way in and up to her sleeping brother.

"I'll miss you," Christina whispered, her voice choking. She gently moved a strand of his hair out of his eyes and bent down to drop a gentle kiss on his forehead. Her brother stirred slightly, but did not awake.

Christina left her brothers' room and slipped into her mothers'. As she quietly walked up to the bed, she grasp the box that held the money she had been saving for so long. As she placed it on the dresser along with a note she wrote the night before, she hoped it was enough to get them through until she could find another way.

Christina sighed softly before turning to glance at her mother. Shelly looked troubled, worry creasing her brow even in her sleep. Christina wanted to hug her mother and take the worry and pain away. But instead, she kissed Shelly's cheek before slipping out of the room.

Christina grabbed her bag and gave one last look at the apartment. Her gaze took in everything before turning and walking quietly out the door.

<><><><>

"You've been awfully quite, Chris," Adam said from where he sat next to her on the plane, which would take off in any minute. "Are you alight?"

Christina could hear the concern in his voice. She nodded slightly and settled back in her seat where they sat in the front row.

Thankfully, they had not run into any paparazzi or reporters. But Adam warned her that once in L.A, they might be bombarded with them. That, Christina was not looking forward to.

Adam's band members had left the day before, but would meet them in L.A once they arrived. Christina was glad it was just her and Adam since she was nervous enough and didn't need to feel any more uncomfortable than she felt.

Christina sighed and stared out the window. She was tired and just wanted to sleep. She closed her eyes and let herself drift off.

Christina awoke sometime later and yawned. Her neck felt stiff from the position she had slept in. But she felt warm and realized Adam had draped his jacket over her shoulders.

"Are we there yet?" Christina mumbled groggily to Adam, who was quietly reading a book.

"We will be in an hour or so," Adam answered her. He put the book in his lap and leaned back. "You slept for four hours."

Christina could sleep another few hours, but she didn't want to be asleep when the plane landed. It scared her slightly to be this high up-especially since she was afraid of heights.

"I still feel tired," Christina murmured, stretching out. "I must not get enough sleep."

Adam chuckled. "You can go back to sleep of you want. I'll wake you up."

Christina shook her head. "No thank you. I think I'll stay up for the remainder of the flight."

When the plane began to land an hour later, Christina felt her stomach drop. She swallowed and closed her eyes, nervousness filling her. As they finally disembarked from the plane, her legs felt shaky. She grabbed onto Adam's arm for support, praying nothing awaited them outside. But boy was she wrong.