Back at your door

A/N: Again, ignore any typos or mistakes. I only quickly scanned over it, so there might be a few.

This is a simple short chapter, but excitement will come, I promise. But I'm just getting into the story and am still gathering up ideas.

Enjoy! :)

<><><><>

Christina was up early the next morning. As she made breakfast for her brother, he shuffled in, blond hair tousled.

"G'morning, Chris," Daniel muttered, sitting down at the table.

"Good morning, Danny," Christina greeted warmly. She placed his slice of toast in front of him and he murmured a thanks. "Make sure you comb your hair before you leave for school."

"S'okay," Daniel said around his toast.

Christina smiled and handed him a glass of orange juice. "And don't forget the lunch I packed you."

"What am I, a child?"

"No. But I didn't want you to forget, Danny."

Christina tousled his hair and he scowled at her.

"Chris! Now I really have to brush my hair."

A knock suddenly sounded at the door, startling Christina.

"Who on earth? It's six o'clock in the morning," Christina wondered. She quickly made her way to the door and swung it open.

"Hey Chris-"

Christina shut the door in his face and leaned up against it. What was Adam doing here at six am in the morning? Didn't he know she didn't want to see him?

"I brought you coffee," Adam called from the other side of the door.

The thought of a warm cup of coffee sounded good. But there was no way Christina was letting him in. And she was not giving in, either.

"I don't want your coffee," Christina called back.

"It's carmel. You sure?"

Christina gritted her teeth. "I'm not letting you have your way."

"Well, if you're sure-"

"Positive. Now leave."

She didn't mean to be harsh. But really, when a man had broken her heart and all the sudden wanted to come back into her life...well, she had every right to show her harsh side.

"I'll just leave," Adam called again. "And I'm bringing the coffee with me."

Christina felt the corners of her mouth twitch. Oh how she wanted to smile...But that meant Adam would win this battle.

"Bye, Chris..."

"Are you still there?" Christina called, annoyance settling in.

"Alright, I'm going."

Christina heard Adam's footsteps echoing down the hall. After he had left, she opened the door and looked down the hallway. She then looked down to see the cup of hot, carmel coffee sitting there. Now she was really tempted. Well, she couldn't just waste it...Christina bent down, grabbed the cup of coffee and took a sip; she moaned at how good it was.

"Who was that?" Daniel asked when Christina walked back into the kitchen.

"Just someone," Christina answered.

Daniel shrugged and got up from the table. He placed his dish in the sink before hurrying off the comb his hair and gather up his bag. When he came back in minutes later, he eyed the cup of coffee.