Choices

A/N: Another chapter for you guys! This one is kind of short, but the next chapter will be longer. This story will get more exciting through each chapter and as Adam and Christina's relationship grows.

And I thank all who have reviewed and read this fanfic. I hope you keep enjoying this just as much as I enjoy writing it. :)

Shelly stepped into her daughters room and sighed. She walked quietly over, took the quilt on the edge of the bed and draped it over her daughter. She then gently brushed a strand of Christina's hair from her face and sighed. She could see that her daughter was troubled, and she knew why.

Shelly stepped out of the room and shut the door. She slipped into the kitchen where todays paper sat. The headline stated: Maroon 5's frontman embraces sweetheart? Under that it read: Could this be the woman who inspired him to write 'Songs about Christina'?

Shelly frowned and put the paper back down on the table. Ever since Adam Levine had come back her daughter had been acting different. Shelly suddenly wished that boy had never come back; he was only causing trouble. Famous or not she wouldn't tolerate anyone breaking her daughters heart again. After the first time, Shelly didn't want to see her daughter like that again.

"Mom?"

Shelly looked up and smiled softly. "Are you okay, Christina?" she asked in a motherly concern.

Christina looked trouble and tears flooded her eyes. With one movement, Shelly had stepped over to her daughter and had taken her into a tight hug. She felt tears of her own slide down her cheeks as her daughter sobbed into her shoulder.

"Oh, Mom, I don't know what to do!" Christina whispered, her voice choked from the tears.

"Shh, it's okay, honey," Shelly murmured, rubbing soothing circles on Christina's back. "Why don't you sit down and talk about it?"

Christina nodded.

For an hour, Christina spilled everything out as she sat with her mother on the sofa in the small living room. She talked about Adam, his promise, her troubles-everything. And her mother sat there, listening and understanding. After spilling everything out, Christina felt somewhat like a burden had been lifted from her shoulders.

"I know I have a big decision to make right now," Christina murmured.

Shelly smiled comfortingly and squeezed Christina's hands gently. "And I want you to know that I'm not going to stop you with whatever choice you make," she said softly.

Christina wrapped her arms around her mother and hugged her. "Mom, no matter what, always know that I love you."

Shelly nodded. "I love you, too, honey. And I want you to follow what you feel is right."

"I will."

A week passed. Adam hoped Christina had not changed her mind. But as he thought about it, the chances were slim. She might have already changed her mind and that she wasn't coming with him.

On Saturday evening, Adam went to see Christina and her family. He had a grocery bag in his hand with the stuff to make dinner. When he knocked on the door, Shelly opened it.

"Why Adam, what a surprise," Shelly greeted, though it was slightly cool. She opened the door wider and let him in. "I am guessing you're here to see my daughter?"

Adam winced. He understood that Shelly might blame him for upsetting Christina, but it scared him. Especially when Shelly shot him a look that made him want to hide.

"Hey Adam," Christina greeted cheerfully from the living room room. She got up from the couch looking more stunning than ever-even dressed in ragged jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Hello, Chris."

Adam smiled warmly at Christina, trying to ignore the feeling of Shelly's glare piercing into his back.

"I brought the stuff to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner," Adam told Christina holding up the bag.

"You think of everything, don't you?" Christina mused.

"I brought wine, too."

Adam and Christina began to prepare the Italian meal. Shelly watched them, seeming to have lost the cold look for Adam. Instead, a slight smile formed at her lips as she watched the chemistry between her daughter and Adam.

Adam was enjoying himself more than he had been for awhile. As he prepared the salad, Christina watched, leaning on the counter with a glass of red wine resting casually in her fingers.

"Adam, I never knew you could cook," she said to him, a teasing smile on her lips.

"I learned from my mother," Adam answered, grinning. He popped an olive into his mouth before turning and taking the garlic bread out of the oven.

Soon, the meal was ready, the table set and Shelly now looked in amazement at Adam. But she didn't say anything as she sat down at the head of the table.

"This is delicious," Daniel commented around his slice of garlic bread as they ate.

"Thank you," Adam said beaming.

Christina had to agree as she ate the delicious homemade meatballs; they seemed to melt in her mouth. And the wine was the best she had had in what seemed like ages.

After dinner, Shelly and Christina relaxed at the table as Adam and Daniel did dishes. Daniel seemed to really enjoy hanging out with Adam, as he really had no male role-model in his life.

When it was time for Adam to leave, Christina walked him to the door. She tried to keep her distance from him, not ready to let him fully back into her heart. As she opened the door, he leaned in closer.

"Adam." Christina stepped back and shook her head. "I'm not ready."

Adam smiled and stepped back. "I understand. Goodnight, Christina."

"Goodnight, Adam."

Christina shut the door and sighed. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, feeling weary and tired. Everything had just been happening too quickly for her. She didn't want for this to happen too quickly as it was now. She wanted for things to go slow and for the trust she used to have with Adam to slowly build again. She wasn't ready for this...

Christina felt a gentle hand on her shoulder and opened her eyes to see her mother standing there.

"You should get some rest, Christina," Shelly murmured, gently squeezing Christina's shoulder, her gaze motherly and understanding.

"I will."

Christina smiled tiredly and hugged her mother, trying to fight back the waves of emotions running through her. When she pulled away, Shelly patted her arm.

"Goodnight, Christina. I love you."

"Love you too, mom."

Christina made her way to her room and shut the door. She changed into an old tee-shirt and shorts before climbing into bed. For a few minutes, she lay awake. Though tired, she couldn't get to sleep. Her mind was too full of thoughts that rushed through her head.

California.

Should she go? Christina rolled over on her side and buried her head in the pillow. Could she trust Adam to keep his promise still? What if he left her when they got to L.A, leaving her in an unknown world? What if...?

The 'what ifs' ran through her mind. There were so many, she felt overwhelmed.

Christina finally fell asleep, but awoke several hours later. She got up after trying to get back to bed after tossing and turning. So she stood in front of her window, watching the sun rise, casting a glow around the buildings. It seemed so peaceful and calm. Christina sighed and leaned up against the window, watching out the window in a daze.

Christina now had a choice to make. It would be hard, but she had to chose.

Would she go with Adam to California? Or would she stay here, never getting to fulfill her dreams?

Christina squeezed her eyes shut. When she opened them, she knew her mind was made up. And she wasn't going back on her decision.