Chapter 3: Accusations and Bowling

hey guys! sorry this chapter is a little shorter (or at least it seems like it is now) but i hope you like it! dont forget to comment telling me what you think about this chapter! we really see a different side of Eli i think :) hope you like it!!!

The car ride home was pretty awkward. Nobody really said anything to anyone. I didn't feel like saying anything to anyone and I don’t think anyone else did either. I was forced to sit in the front seat by Keegan, well, when I say forced I mean he asked me to so he could sit next to Emily.

When we got to the house, I said bye quietly and slammed the door behind me. Well, I didn't mean to slam it, I was just pissed off. The one boy that I started to talk to, the only one, who I felt I could actually trust, was just a player.

Maybe that was his game. He got to know girls, slept with them, then ditched them at the side of the road and drove away, only to pick up another girl on the next corner. Sounds silly, I know, but not having any experience with love leaves you to only guess and take notes from the few movies you’ve seen.

Thank god Keegan didn't ask me why I was pissed. I took off my shoes and walked up the stairs. I noticed a little box on my bed. Suddenly, all the anger I was feeling turned into curiosity as I walked over to my bed and sat down. I carefully took the box in my hands and read the card attached to it.

This might be handy. I picked it up for you at the mall today with Shay. She picked the colour

~Aunt Susan

                I untied the bow and opened the box to find an Iphone in a purple case. A smile grew on my face. Never in my life have I had a phone, but this, was a good phone! I unlocked it and looked through it, seeing that Susan, Garrett, and Keegan’s numbers had already been programmed into it. I completely forgot about Eli and plugged my new phone in to let it charge.

I changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. For once in my life I actually felt happy, a feeling I had completely forgotten even existed. I always use to think things made me happy, like getting an A on a test or completing a drawing id been working on forever, but the best kind of happiness was the feeling of being loved, Something I’d gone so long without.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon and eggs being fried. I quickly threw on a pair of black shorts and a pink shirt from the collection of clothes that Susan bought me, grabbed my phone and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Susan was on the phone, completely ignoring the food that was cooking in the pan. I took the spatula and mashed around the scrambled eggs.

“No” she spoke into the phone “no, I said I thought we agreed on...yes, but... I understand, but this is getting ridiculous, Melissa. You know what. Let’s just meet for coffee this afternoon, okay?” she hung up the phone and sighed. “Oh!” she said when she noticed me. “Honey, you don’t have to do that!”

I smiled and handed her the spatula. I felt guilty that Susan was giving me clothes, shelter, and food, and she wouldn’t let me return the favour by helping her around the house.

“Who were you talking to?” I asked. She sighed “Eli’s mom. I suppose you’ve met Eli by now.”

I nodded, remembering the events of last night. I didn't know what to think of Eli right now. I didn't even know if any of those things that Alexandra said were true. But there was the possibility that they could be, and I really didn't want to take the risk.

“Well” she continued “Melissa and I host the annual fall fair, and we are having some difficulties on deciding which company to order food from. All the proceeds from the fair go to the children’s hospital an hour away, so the fair has to be spectacular every year if we want to make a good donation”