Chapter 5: Art Club and Chinese Food

After French class I walked to my locker to grab my bag and head home. I was lucky that I only had to finish my math homework and I had to think of what to do for my art project. I was going to go home, finish my homework, go to work and then go to bed. I was so exhausted from the day that I just wanted it to be over.

“Chloe!” a flash of red was running towards me. Sarah stopped in front of me out of breath.

 “I was looking for you everywhere!” she panted.

“You were?” I wasn’t use to people looking for me. I was more use to people forgetting I even existed.

“Yeah” she said “listen. Huge problem. The art club is down a few people and Ms. Berwick is going to cut the club if we don’t get a few more people signed up by the end of the week.”

“I’m really sorry Sarah” I told her “I cant I have work.”

“But it’s only for an hour and a half two days a week” she told me “plus it gives you extra time to work on any assignments.”

I looked at my clock. It was two fifteen now, meaning that the club would go until three forty-five. I would still have two hours and fifteen minutes before I had to get to work, giving me a few hours to finish up my homework.

“Well” I said. She pouted at me as a sign of begging. I rolled my eyes “fine. But as long as it’s worth my time”

She jumped up and down and hugged me awkwardly. I hated when people touched me.

“I promise you it’ll be fun!” she said with glee. I smiled at the huge smile she wore across her face.

“So when do we meet?” I asked her

“Mondays and Wednesdays in the art room” she said to me.

“Alright” I told her. “I'll be there in a couple minutes I just have to do a few things first.”

She nodded and I headed off to find Keegan to tell him the news and that I wouldn’t need a ride home from Susan. I found him waiting on a bench outside, talking to Emily and a few other kids I didn't know.

“Keegan!” I called after him. He turned around and looked at me.

“I joined the art club.” I told him “but do you think Susan will be able to come pick me up at around three forty-five?”

“Why don’t you just ask Eli to bring you home?” he asked me “I mean, he has Hockey practice until then anyways. He can just bring you home.”

“Where can I find him?” I asked Keegan.

“He’s probably in practice now. Ill text him and he’ll get it after practice. Ill text you if he can’t bring you home or anything.”

I thanked Keegan and walked back into the school and made my way into the art room, to find a few people sitting around the tables drawing, with some soft music playing in the background. I noticed Sarah sitting with a group of girls and sat down at the empty seat, and took my sketch book out of my bag.

“Hey Chloe!” Sarah said smiling “these are my friends, Addison and Victoria.”

“Hi” they said in unison. Addison had brown hair, and was a little overweight, while Victoria had Blond hair and hazel eyes.

“So what took you so long?” Sarah asked me.

“Sorry” I felt bad for taking so long “I just had to figure out how I was getting home”

I said home slowly. Although over the past few days my life has dramatically increased, it was still weird to think of it as home.

“Well do you need a ride?” Sarah asked confused “because I can drop you off on my way home.”