Chapter 6: Aang

"And I want to help you." He heard himself say before he could stop the words from escaping his mouth.
Silence surrounded them, the tension from Zuko's burst of anger and hurtful words tugging at them- pleading them to say something.
"What?" Zuko asked, his voice bearing just the shell of his anger.
"I said," Aang puffed out his chest and pretended that he meant to say that. "I want to help you, even though you're a bit of a dick sometimes."
Zuko scoffed and ran a hand through his shaggy black hair.
"How would you help me, you can hardly bend on your own," He rolled his eyes and looked away from the avatar. Aang could feel the anger churning within his stomach.
"Well I can bend 3 elements and you can't even bend one, so I think I can figure it out and help you," Aang growled angrily.
Zuko was stunned into silence, his eyes glued to the ground.

This was going to be a long night.

"You know you need to actually tell me what's wrong for me to help..." Aang signed after ten minutes of silence.
"I don't want your help." He hissed.
"Well you're getting it." He insisted.
"It's late, I want to sleep." Zuko groaned and stood up, heading back to the group. The avatar jumped up quickly and ran to catch up with him.
"I'm not leaving your side until you tell me what's wrong." He laughed.
"Fine, I guess you have to stay with me forever then because I'm not telling you." Aang thought for a moment that he saw a smirk playing at the edges of his mouth. For a third time in one day, Aang was thankful for the darkness.
"Yeah, haha, you're stuck with me..." He trailed off and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Lucky me," Zuko said with sarcasm heavy in his voice.

They were quiet until they reached the camp, the other benders (plus Sokka) were all asleep, the soft sounds of Momo's snoring filling the silent night.
"Well I'm going to bed, you don't have to stick with me while I sleep if you don't want..." Zuko laughed awkwardly and unrolled his mat.
"Nope, I'm sticking with you," Aang said with a blush and unrolled his bed right next to the fire prince's.
"Fucking shit..." He barely heard Zuko whisper.
"What was that?" The avatar said with a tilt of his head.
"Nothing, you annoying child." He hissed and lay down.
"Don't be mean, you grumpy teenager." He retorted, then fondly remembered their first encounter.

"You're the Avatar? You're just a child!" He had heard Zuko say, the penguin that he had ridden  into the water tribe waddling away.
"Well, you're just a teenager!" He retorted and shrugged.

"Good night, Aang," he heard Zuko groan and then fall into the silence that had surrounded them.
"Good night, sifu hotman," Aang giggled, earning an elbow in the ribs. Worth it.

He soon drifted off into a deep sleep.

Here's the new update!! I'm rewatching Avatar as I'm writing this- I'm on episode 2 of season 1 and it was so innocent at first 😭😭😭

So yeah! Be prepared for some sort of update sometime weekly ¯\_()_/¯

See ya later!!

~ Dylan